The West Bend 5-Quart Slow Cooker makes it easy to provide healthy home-cooked meals for your family. Not only can you cook in it, but you can put the pot in the oven or on the stove top for reheating. It is non-stick and dishwasher safe for easy care. This temperature-controlled slow cooker allows you to plan your meals ahead of time, and it includes a keep-warm setting so your food is always ready to serve. The base also doubles as a griddle to give you even more meal options.
- I just purchased my second West Bend Slow Cooker. My other one was four years old, & I had foolishly started out using metal implements in it, causing the finish to flake off. Totally my own fault. I now have silicone tools for it. I love this slow cooker because it is light weight, easy to clean, and so functional! It looks small, but actually is a 5 quart cooker. My kitchen will never be without one of these again!!
- Have only used this slow cooker once but was very impressed with quality and price.
- It’s way better than a Crock Pot. You can brown meat on the stove and then put it on the base, add other ingredients and let it cook. I’ve been using a West Bend Slow Cooker for years.
- Bought it to replace an older West Bend of the same type. Looked for others like this one for less but didn’t match the design. So this was $40. I know the models( much like cars) are lighter, cheaper material and cost more. And it was. Very light and thin aluminum, lighter glass top and base. No heat resistant handles, just the pot. If I paid $20, which is I was hoping to pay, I might be satisfied with the product. I doubt this one will last as long as our older one. 25 years or more?
- This is actually my second one. The first lasted over 10 years. I’m still keeping old one for extra grill. Love to cook on stove and wash separately from grill!
- i love this cooker. i had one for over 20 years and finally decided it was time to replace it.i like that this newer model has a glass lid as my older one had a plastic one.also the pot is deeper and will hold more. i always seem to reach for this cooker and not my big crock pot. i think that i will purchase more for the perfect gifts this year.
- The lid did not fit, I sent back so can’t say anything about how it cooked, I also ordered another one, higher priced