This HDTV is a great way to introduce high definition to your home. Plug in up to three HD components with the built-in HDMI ports and enjoy Full HD quality.
Note: You must have a source of HD programming in order to take full advantage of the VIZIO D60-D3 HDTV. Contact your local cable or satellite TV provider for details on how to upgrade.
VIZIO D60-D3 60″ 1080p 120Hz Full Array LED Smart HDTV:
- 60″ LCD panel
With a 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
- True 16:9 aspect ratio
View your movies as the director intended
- Wide 176-degree vertical and 176-degree horizontal angles
See a clear picture from anywhere in the room
- Built-in digital tuner
Watch digital broadcasts, including HDTV programs where available
- HDMI Inputs: 3
Enjoy a superior HD experience with HDMI, the one cable audio/video solution
- 60″ screen measured diagonally from corner to corner
- Built-in WiFi
- Good tv,very crisp picture,good sound. You will not be disappointed with this tv. Take your time to get the picture to your liking and you will be amazed with the results.
- i had not tried a vizio tv before. it is a very pleasant surprise. great picture. exactly what i was looking for in a new tv.
- This is one cool TV..always liked Sharp and Sony but this Vizio is the best..beautiful color huge screen and it has so many options!!! We love it!!
- It has worked great from day 1. I am mostly disabled and it stays on 24/7. The TV survived multiple users/ young and old /who could not do any thing but change all the settings. Once in my hands the remote works great after I reset every thinf in a few minutes..
- I only wish I was told that I needed HD hook up. I recommend this TV if anyone is looking for a TV.
- I bought this tv on WalMart.com and did ship to home. It arrived damaged. The picture was all washed out, pixelated and you could see a bright white spot on the top where it appeared the damage originated and spread across the rest of the 60″screen. I was unable to fix it thought the settings so i took it back. The return was easy at the store, plus I had a truck to get it there. They only had last year’s model available at the store so I bought it instead. The setup of the previous year’s model looked identical to this model. As well as the menus and connections on the back. Not sure what changed on the new model but I have trouble recommending it because it may have been factory damaged and not damaged from the shipping. Old one was the same price add the new. I paid 698 in Iowa for it in February 2016.
- Had the TV for less than a year and a half. The TV is now defective and shuts itself off while viewing. All auto-off settings are disabled. I have contacted Vizio and they were no help. They told me to reset the TV by holding the power button on the back, and said that this is all the help they can give as the TV is over a year old. It’s now a worthless piece of junk that works for 5-10 min. at time. This issue began a few months ago, but it was not a problem as it took several hours before it shut off. Now it has rendered the TV unusable. I have tried resetting multiple times, resetting TV settings, using different inputs. Nothing helps, the TV is defective, and Vizio does not support it. Also the fiber optic audio input is not seated well on the board as attempting to remove the cable from the TV ripped the fixture right off the circuit board. Without excessive force. I’m extremely disappointed with Vizio, and the unbelievably poor quality of this TV. The picture is great, but it will not last. Vizio will not help.