Get the Black/Gray/Yellow Targus CityGear 17″ Laptop Backpack that features a padded compartment that protects laptops with screen sizes up to 17 inches. Made from durable nylon with reflective exterior trim, it secures your laptop and prevents from scratches. This 17″ laptop computer backpack has three large compartments that let you store a few books and other accessories along with your notebook. It also has a front storage section with MP3/CD player pocket, pen loops and key clip, maximizing the storage space. With mesh-padded shoulder straps, you can carry it conveniently wherever you go. This laptop computer case also has a mesh water bottle for convenience.
Targus 17″ CityGear Laptop Computer Backpack:
- Padded compartment on this laptop computer backpack protects laptops with screens up to 17″ wide (diagonal)
- Extra-large design constructed of durable nylon with reflective exterior trim
- Three large compartments for a laptop, books, binders and accessories
- Front storage section with MP3/CD player pocket, pen loops and key clip
- Removable CD/DVD sleeve that holds 8 discs
- Soft-lined side pocket for extra storage and water bottle transport
- The Targus laptop backpack has mesh-padded shoulder straps and back panel
- Mesh water bottle pocket
- Molded carrying handle
- Device compatibility: 16.5″ x 12.6″ x 2.17″
- Exterior dimensions: 13.58″ x 19.88″ x 9.17″
- Black/Gray/Yellow Targus CityGear 17″ Laptop Backpack Weight: 2.86 lbs.
- i bought this backpack as a birthday gift for my husband who carries his laptop almost daily. he needed a sturdy backpack for his books and laptop. i decided to try this one since the description of the product seem to fit all his needs. he really likes this backpack both for the sturdiness and durability of the seams and stitching but also for the many compartments it has especially for all his heavier books and papers. this backpack is perfect for all his needs. it seems to be alittle pricey but when you see it in person and how well it carries so much and how it just might last a few years -it is well worth the extra money compared to a less expensive one that will wear after a few months. we are very pleased with this product and would recommend to anyone who needs to carry a laptop,books and other paperwork on a daily basis.
- I got a new notebook, so of course I needed something to carry it in. I read the reviews and picked it, and was not disappointed. It came with a place to put an ipad or tablet as well. There is plenty of space to put other things, such as blank dvd/cd, books. The notebook is well protected. The backpack has a handle, so you can carry it out to your car instead of having to put it on. It looks like it will last a long time as others have said. I have had it a week.
- I’m a student and this product has enough space for a few books along with a few other random things I choose to throw in there. It also has plenty of room for my 17.3″ laptop. I haven’t had any problems with it so far and I really don’t think I will.
- I rarely write reviews for products, but couldn’t resist on writing about my trusty CityGear bag. Now, the truth is I’ve only ever paid for one Targus bag: The year was 1993 and I’ve been getting replacements ever since. Eventually the bags all wear out — all except this one. I’ve literally taken my CityGear bag everywhere I’ve gone for the past six years on planes, trains and automobiles across four continents, nine countries and hundreds of trips. It’s by far the most spacious bag I’ve ever owned and it can just keep expanding and expanding. I toured Tokyo for 48 hours with nothing but this bag loaded down with all I needed. I did the same in Paris. I’ve toted it all over South Africa. It’s survived Singapore, Oslo, London and Rome. It has pockets in all the right places, protects my laptop well, and is comfortable to wear. After six years, yes the rubber zipper pulls have eroded away and there’s a tear in the mesh water bag, but otherwise it’s in impeccable condition still. And you have to understand, I’m not careful with it, but rather punishing. You simply can’t go wrong with this one.
- I have had this backpack for over 4 years now and it has served me well. The mesh water bottle holder on the side is torn, but this was from a steel bottle with a sharper than average bottom. It is starting to show it’s age on the shoulder straps and the nylon strings in the front have come undone over time from getting caught on a some rails while running down stairs and required me to tie them up but aside from this it has put up with a lot of abuse with little signs. It fit my 17 inch laptop easily and had room for more. I have never had trouble fitting anything in this in my time owning it. If you can watch the nylon string (if you keep it tightened so it has a little tail) in the back when you are around things it could get caught on it should be fine for anything you need.
- Perfect design for the road warrior with tons of gadgets, but the zipper pulls all fell off within about a year, and the main zipper started failing shortly thereafter. If you’re looking for an inexpensive backpack with tons of pockets and organizers for electronics, this can’t be beat… just don’t expect it to last forever. Like several Targus backpacks I’ve owned, its zippers and zipper pulls can’t take long term use. Although the design of my last 2 Targus bags has been perfect for my road warrior lifestyle, I’m considering a switch to a more expensive brand in quest of a bag that I can get more than 18 months out of without zipper failure.
- This is the second Targus bag I have purchased in a years time. I chose these bags because of the capacity. The first one started ripping at the straps and eventually the sides ripped out. This second one has poor quality stitching and is already showing signs of failure, this is the way it looked right out of the box. I thought the first ones failure was a rare occurrence, so I thought I would give Targus a second chance. But now I think it is not a rare occurrence, this looks like poor quality.