Choose this Sony television with Android TV for an immersive audio and video experience. Its 4K Processor X1 brings stunning Ultra HD to your home so you can enjoy crystal-clear images in spectacular color. Every frame is automatically upgraded to 4K quality by this Sony television with Android TV, complete with automatic contrast adjustment for lifelike detail.
Get access to a world of instant entertainment with this product. Just connect to the Internet and stream movies, listen to music, and access a wide variety of other content.
48.5″ screen (measured diagonally from corner to corner)
A great size for a living room or mid-sized home theater space.
Built-in Wi-Fi Smart TV means a huge world of entertainment
Stream movies, music and more, and surf your favorite websites with the included Web browser.
Up-scale entertainment to near-4K quality
4K HD engine up-scales the picture through a multi-step data analysis that enhances the details of movies, sports, video games, and more.
High dynamic range (HDR) creates a more realistic picture
HDR technology expands the contrast and color range of the existing pixels on your TV to reveal a better, brighter, more colorful image. The picture quality is noticeably more natural.
LED TVs perform well in all lighting conditions
They also deliver plasma-like deep blacks and rich colors.
2160p resolution for breathtaking HD images
Watch 4K movies and TV shows at 4x the resolution of Full HD, and upscale your current HD content to gorgeous, Ultra HD-level picture quality.
Provides fast and reliable streaming with Wi-Fi.
Advanced TV sound
Two 10W main channel speakers, S-FORCE Front Surround Sound.
4 HDMI inputs for the best home theater connection
High-speed HDMI delivers up to 2160p picture and digital surround sound in one convenient cable. HDMI cable not included.
Enjoy the picture from multiple angles
178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles provide a clear picture for viewers seated near the side of the screen.
Motionflow XR 240 technology
Enjoy fast-moving movies, sports and video games with virtually no motion blur.
3 USB inputs
Easily connect your digital camera, camcorder or other USB device.
Web-based services and content require high-speed Internet service. Some services may require a subscription.
I have this TV wall-mounted (slightly angled) above a 70″ high armoire in my bedroom. Good viewing angle to watch while lying in bed. The TV looks good on the wall, and the picture is great. Sharp, good color.The only thing I miss from my old TV is that this one does not show the volume level on screen.
- Upgraded from a 7 year old Sony TV. What a difference! The picture is sharp and crystal clear. Looked at other tvs but their pics were not as good. Highly recommend this tv.
- This review is a mixed bag. The first Sony TV I bought was a lemon. It would not stay connected to the internet and after a few days it started rebooting at random times.
I returned it and got the same Sony 49 inch model. It has a fantastic picture and the smart TV features are great! The Sony sound bar has great sound and the wireless subwoofer works flawlessly.
best buy was great too me and very helpful too choose between SONY,LG and SAMSUNG it took me a lot of time with there help and they help me pick SONY CUZ OF WHAT I DO WITH my tv I do mostly movies, and video cam do my vlogs and home movies and etc. it great for it if you read this you really need this sony that’s why its very BADA** !SONY YOU GUYS ARE THE KING !!!! I LOVE YOUR STUFF SINCE I GIVE UP on lg Samsung and others
- Amazing picture quality. I was blown away by the great picture quality and how great this smart tv works. Worth every penny
- I LOVE this TV! Surprised at how much I like android and voice recognition.This is the best picture quality TV I have ever had. The 4K resolution is really amazing. Never seen a TV program so clearly on a TV screen and color is just great. Have not yet tried any true 4k content but I am satisfied with the quality already. I am happy for this purchase.
- good picture when it works..took 3 visits from geek squad and the store manager to get it to work
- Over the years as picture sizes increased the image didn’t really improve. With UHD 4k HDR the bigger the better and Sony doesn’t dissappoint.
- Third time was the charm in getting through the confusing and troublesome initial setup, where the TV twice identified my home network but failed during connection and setup of ‘AndroidTV’ (yuck!). Once connected and set up, however, I have nothing but raves for the picture quality, especially the few times we’ve been able to watch streaming shows in 4K. But the built-in upscaling works on regular 1080i versions as well. I don’t use the AndroidTV apps…4th gen AppleTV with Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc., is our preference. Coming from plasma (granted, a six year old, lower end Samsung) I had concerns about the blacks and interior lighting affecting the picture. This has not been an issue. The display, which I have found no reason to adjust as I have always done before, is of the quality I remember from my previous Sony Trinitron tube TVs. In fact, even the supposedly ‘inferior’ 60Hz refresh rate has been a non-issue when it comes to live sports. Glad we opted to ignore the Samsung…this Sony 4K with HDR is far superior in every way at this size range.
- Love TV picture, but can’t get the volume to behave itself when paired with Sonos. Frustrating to get any tech support. What’s wrong with just having an 1 800 number to call?
The picture and features are comparable to my Samsung Smart TV but the home screen has 19 tiles on the “Featured Apps” section that dominates the home screen. You cannot delete them or even reorder them. Don’t buy HBO Now on the TV, purchase it through your tablet or phone. It uses Google wallet which doesn’t allow you to log in with an iPad or iPhone or even a Samsung smart TV. You will be more limited in apps selection. I have the same weather app on every tablet and smart TV except the Sony. It doesn’t allow you to install AccuWeather.There is a nifty channel guide for over the air antennas but the android limitations make me wonder why I didn’t get another Samsung.