This Sony soundbar features Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities for high-quality music and analog sound streaming. The state-of-the-art soundbar has 330W output, 2.1 amplifier channels and Dolby Digital sound for powerful audio. You can enjoy sound throughout your home by linking other speakers to the Sony soundbar when using the SoundPal Link.
330W total system power
Provides quality sound for your favorite movies, shows, games and music.
For deep, powerful bass.
Dolby Digital decoder
Reproduces multichannel audio to deliver a cinematic audio experience.
Bluetooth music streaming
Makes it easy to enjoy tracks stored on a compatible Bluetooth-enabled device (not included).
Lets you find a comfortable listening level.
Fits seamlessly along most HDTVs for a streamlined look.
Includes 3 HDMI, 1 optical digital audio, 1 mini jack and 1 USB type A.
Includes 1 HDMI.
Enables simple operation from a distance.
Supports a variety of file formats
Including LPCM and LDAC, so you can enjoy your favorite media.
With the included bracket.
- The salesman who helped us pick out the TV we bought highly recommended this soundbar and I am glad we listened, it has really made watching TV a joy as the whole room can now hear equally instead of everyone having a different opinion of whether the sound need to be turned up or down!!
- I recently upgraded my TV (after 7 years) to a Sony 4K HDR, and decided to buy this soundbar to go with it. I am so glad I did, it makes the experience so much better. This soundbar works as as a sound system, you plug in all your devices to the soundbar and it shows the connections on the TV. One remote for everything! Very happy with my TV and this soundbar!
- This is a midlevel sound bar not bad for the price, although I was hoping for a little better sound. It’s fine for my use.
- Sound quality is about mid range. Perfect for a small room, dorm room, etc…
If you are looking for it to marry perfectly with your other sony devices i.e 4k tv and ps4, you will be disappointed. It come with a small remote that will control the speakers only.
- The woofer went bad on the 1st one we purchased within 2 weeks. We purchased the extra coverage, thank goodness. Otherwise so far so good & great sound.
- This soundbar is very easy to assemble. The pairing of the Bluetooth took a bit of extra time. I think the subwoofer could have a little more juice. Overall, it’s a pretty good soundbar syste,m.
- So far I think this sound bar is worth the money. I will probably attach surround sound to get a better movie theater feel. It was worth the purchase.
- Good quality sound. I thought it’d sound a little louder but it lacks some “juice”. Next time I’ll try the higher Watt output bar soundbar system!!!!
- I have a big living room and needed a sound bar that projects a good sound. Got a very nice setup. Sound is clear. The downside is the relationship between the sound bar and the tv. They go out of sync and then I need the sound bar control to turn it on and off. A little bit annoying but then again it is just turn the bar on and it is up and running again.
- This soundbar produces great sound filed from two speakers. Had three HDMI inputs for all your components. Bluetooth and NFC worked flawless out of the box.
I was looking to upgrade the sound for the TV in my bedroom. Wifely-unit said that a 5.1 surround system was out of the question, so a good sound bar was the obvious choice. I have owned many Sony products over the years and trusted their ability to produce quality audio components at reasonable prices.After a fair amount of research comparing features and price, the CT HT790 appeared to be a good value. That is until I hooked it up.The Pros — Lots of high tech bells and whistles: 3 HDMI 2.2 ports that work with the ARC port on the TV, and a wireless subwoofer. Also has a digital optical port in case your TV lacks an ARC port.The Con — The sound. It is hollow and without depth or presence. If you placed your hand on the subwoofer, you could feel it working, but there was no audible to prove that it was. (Yes, I had turned up the bass volume to level 12 with the remote.) It was difficult to differentiate the sound of this sound bar set up from the sound of the speakers in the TV.Alas, I kept this unit, trying to coax it to produce better sound, beyond the 15-day return window. My bad.If you’re looking for a sound bar system with good quality sound, I would encourage you to look elsewhere.