The Sauder Orchard Hills Library Bookcase with Doors and Carolina Oak Finish is an attractive and functional furniture piece. It’s ideal for home libraries, dens, living rooms and more. This Sauder library bookcase features three shelves that can be individually adjusted to fit a wide range of items. It also provides a hidden storage area behind its attractive raised panel doors, giving you extra room for organization. Whether you’re looking to display trophies, family photos or simply keep a collection of books on-hand, this wooden bookcase with doors is a helpful choice. It even provides rear cord access, a feature that’s ideal for storing home entertainment items.
The built-in cord management also makes it easy to set up display lights that draw attention to your favorite pieces. This piece is well-suited to a wide variety of interior decor styles.
Sauder Orchard Hills Library Bookcase with Doors, Carolina Oak Finish
- Sauder library bookcase with 3 adjustable shelves to accommodate a variety of items
- Wooden bookcase with doors featuring raised panel designs
- Enclosed back panel has cord access
- Slide-on moldings
- Assembly required
- 29.449″W x 13.465″D x 71.496″H
- Useful for home libraries, living rooms or dens
- Attractive, classic appearance
- Rich Carolina oak finish
- Set up display lights using this Sauder library bookcase’s built-in cord access
- Offers a large amount of space to display items or hold books
- Also great for holding media and home entertainment equipment
- Very sturdy and good looking this is the second one we bought
- It is exactly what I was looking for. I would have given it 5 stars, but the doors are a little flimsy. We have purchased Sauder furniture and are usually very satisfied.
- after the assembling, I found it is a beautiful and firm bookcase and very useful
- This item arrived in good condition and complete with all parts. I put it together mostly by myself in about an hour. You will need two people to flip it over and move it, but other than that, it can be a one person job. The bottom doors seem little flimsy, but it is for our bedroom and it is definitely good enough. Lots of storage in a small space. I like the molding around the top shelves, it looks very finished.
- Jeez…this thing took 2 of us about 5.5 hours to put together. Granted, my bf and I bickered a bit, so that held us up somewhat. The instructions are very clear and easy to understand. Some of the pieces are heavy, so be careful to not hurt yourself when putting it together. Also, count the hardware pieces before assembly (we were missing one of the anchors for the shelves). Luckily, I had an extra anchor from a previous bookcase. At the end, it was all worth it. It looks just like the photo and is very sturdy. Couldn’t be happier with the purchase :). Note: There are three shelves – two unhidden and one hidden behind the doors.
- We were very pleased with the bookcases,we ordered a pair, but we’re surprised by one small detail. The trim on front of the two shelves did not cover the front edges from one end to the other. This makes the shelves look incomplete. That’s the only thing we didn’t like about them. The assembly directions were spot on by the way. Awesome! Our 11 year old granddaughter actually assembled the second one with Papaw’s guidance! Cool!
- I bought 2 of these to put right next to each other in a wide hallway. They look fantastic. The first one took 2 people about an hour and a half to put together, but the second went together in 45 minutes, so if you know what youre doing you could get it built pretty quickly. The pieces seem really sturdy and have great finishes. They are nice and heavy, and feel like they’ll last a long time. I was worried by a few of the reviews saying that it was held square by the flimsy backing, but that’s definitely not true, there are almost a dozen brackets holding it square The finish is a bit darker than pictured, but I like it.
- Just what I was looking for. Easy to put together and fit right in with other Oak furniture I already had.
- I was very pleased with the timely arrival of this product. It was packed well without any dents or gashes. I was also pleased with the look of the book case. The grain of the “wood” makes it look like it cost more than paid. It was fairly easy to put together with ordinary household tools. My only complaint is that both front moulding strips are about 1 inch too short.
- I ordered two bookcases (w/lower doors) to finish my office. They match my desk, file cabinet and corner TV stand. They were relatively easy to put together, following the directions, as I did with my prior orders. The Carolina Oak finish is a wee bit darker than what was pictured, but I can live with it. Be careful when screwing the handles onto a drawer or door. Too tight and it will break. Luckily, Sauder was willing to work with me and sent a free replacement part (this was for the file cabinet, but the handles are the same on all the items). I am very happy with my order. Now, if I could just find a distributor that will offer certificate plaques that match the Carolina Oak finish.
- So far I’ve only taken out the 2 sides of the bookcase. The frames of the sides at least appear to be wood. The side panel that fits into the frame seems like nothing more than heavy cardboard! Moreover, the “wooden” frame of one side arrive split, thereby making the whole thing useless. I’m not bothering to unpack anything else. I would never ever recommend this to anyone for any use whatsoever. And this, after huge headaches waiting for the arrival, which was late.