If you are looking to update your bedroom or living room interiors with new furniture, the Sauder Orchard Hills Library Bookcase, Carolina, Oak Finish, might just be the functional and stylish piece you need. Classic and practical, this product is a versatile addition to your home office or reading room, as it features three adjustable shelves to store books, files, decorations and other items. The Sauder Orchard Hills bookcase boasts intricately designed side moldings, elevated panel doors and brass-finished hardware, all of which enhance the look and quality of your space. The back panel also has a slot for cords so they don’t clutter the space. The construction of this durable wooden bookcase is meant to last for years. Sauder Orchard Hills Library Bookcase, Carolina Oak Finish:
- Wooden bookcase has 3 adjustable shelves to store books, files, decorations and other items
- Enclosed back panel has cord access
- Intricately designed slide-on moldings
- Assembly required
- Brass finished hardware
- Elevated panel doors
- Durable furniture built to last for years
- Classic and practical
- Dimensions: 29.449″W x 13.465″D x 71.496″H
- Easy ordering and quick delivery, I was short one piece, spoke to customer service who shipped it overnight to me! Nice book shelf, easy to assemble.
- It’s a beautiful book case … had a little trouble assembling it but once it was completed it turned out beautifully!
- We needed something to provide a little more storage without taking up a lot of space. This worked out well. Assembly was easy and it looks fine.
- I bought two of these to store books and collectibles on. Both arrived in excellent condition within 2 weeks of ordering. The finish is darker than it appeared on my computer screen. It still looks great. Before assembling the unit, I read over the instructions several times. My sister (age 56) and I (age 60) assembled both of these bookcases ourselves. Since I have some difficulty bending over, I used two sawhorses (one placed at each end) and a small stand (in the middle) to support the unit while we were assembling it – it worked great. Once the sides, top, bottom and center shelf were secure, we were able to flip the unit on its side to allow access to the angle brackets and screws that needed to be put in place or tightened. I checked each corner with a square – it was perfect. Leaving the unit on the sawhorses, we put the back on and nailed it into place. All of this was done at waist level, eliminating the need to bend over. There was one other step we changed when we got to the second unit. We loosely attached the angle brackets to the side boards (or ends as the directions label them), the top, and the bottom before starting assembling so they would already be in place when needed. We left them loose so they could be adjusted when the valance, base, and moldings were attached. Assembling the second unit was a breeze. It was an enjoyable experience putting these shelves together. We had no problems at all! I chose to use sawhorses to elevate the unit to a level I could work on – be advised the instructions say to assemble the unit on the floor – that is for your safety. My review is for your information only and is not to encourage you to do anything other than what the directions instruct you to do to assemble the unit safely. I am 100% satisfied with the quality, appearance, durability, load capacity for each shelf, and assembly instructions of this product.
- The bookcase is sturdy and attractive but a little more difficult to put together than I would have thought. Good product for the price.
- This took me quite awhile to put together but it’s of good quality material other than the back piece is way too thin and should have a finish on both the front and back. It is made of heavy construction and it has 3 movable shelves to different locations by choice.
- Exceptional looks. Spacious for keeping all of my home office stuff. Will buy once again when this is completely taken. Fast delivery. so no need to keep the fingers crossed as to its arrival date. assembly single handed took about 2 hours.
- Big problems: #1: Joining the decorative framing to the top and bottom and sides require you to put in 12 screws basically standing on your head. I emphasize that they are decorative! It took about two hours just doing this step. #2: Critical information is haphazardly strewn on the assembly manual page without pointing to the criticality. #3: Important information must be gleaned from diagrams which are poorly drawn (ie location of holes). For above reasons, will never buy from Sauder again. There must be better assembly instructions out there!