Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Ultra HD Smart Blu-ray Player: This HDR-compatible, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player offers 4x the resolution of a standard Blu-ray player. The built-in UHD upscaling technology enhances the picture quality from standard Blu-ray discs and DVDs, and built-in Wi-Fi allows you to stream 4K movies and shows from your favorite services.
True 4K Ultra HD¹
Play 4K Ultra HD movies at 4x the resolution of full 1080p HD, letting you watch your favorite scenes with a level of detail and clarity like never before.
High Dynamic Range (HDR)¹,²
HDR allows for a greater range of color contrast and brightness, enhancing details from the original film format.
4K Ultra HD upscaling
Offers greatly enhanced video performance by upconverting video resolution to HDTV-compliant 4K Ultra via the HDMI interface on your 4K UHD TV.
Wide Color Range¹,²
Ultra HD Blu-ray reveals rich, detailed colors to deliver movie theater-quality images in the comfort of your own home.
Experience full 3D content when you pair this Blu-ray player with a 3D HDTV (HDMI High Speed cable required; not included). 3D disc needed for 3D playback.
Connect to the Internet
Stream 4k movies and shows¹ from your favorite streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and M-Go.
Access other streaming applications, including Hulu, Pandora, Spotify, Facebook, Bloomberg, CinemaNow and more.
Enables easy content streaming.
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD and CDs – Including H.265(HEVC), H.264, MVK, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, JPEG, AVCHD, WMV1, WMV2, MPO, MP3, linear PCM and WMA.
2 HDMI outputs HDMI cable not included. High-speed HDMI cable is the only connection that can deliver an Ultra HD Blu-ray experience with a 2160p picture and digital surround sound.
For additional information please see the Specifications Tab.
¹When paired with a 4K UHD TV with HDCP 2.2 and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs or 4K streaming content.
²When paired with a 4K UHD TV with HDR technology, and may require manual HDMI UHD color setting on TV.
- I use this player on an old 65″ projection tv which now is smart and HD is upgraded. Also looks outstanding on new Lg 65″ playing 4K movies.
- Great player. Very good video and audio. There is differences in the 4k content but not leaps and bounds. But the details are gorgeous and colors great.
- This Blu-ray is even better than I was told. The picture quality is amazing. I bought this Blu-ray when I bought my new 75″ Samsung 4K – 3D TV. I had to replace my old Samsung blu-ray because it wasn’t 4K – 3D.
- This was the first and still the best 4k player available today. Excellent streaming and the picture is excellent for a 400 dollar player.
- I had a Samsung blue ray player before so this one is very familiar. However, this is gateway to fantastic 4K images in movies. Not a let down. Beautiful images and easy to use.
- Easy to setup and has many cool features. 3D works great and is so cool to watch at home. Works seamlessly with my Sony TV 🙂
- Just got the Blu Ray today ,and haven’t had a chance to watch a video yet .Hopefully soon, i really want to watch the new BLU Rays , but I don’t even know what there called
- Very good picture quality, excellent configuration options, great web browser and most common apps. Too bad no High Speed HDMI cable included and the remote is really small and thus difficult to manage specially in a low light environment.
- Great definition rendering of sound and picture to my OLED. What more can you ask for. Of course the top of the line Onkeo receiver and Klipsh speaker system tenet the best picture I’ve ever seen in 4K and even the older DVDs play better tha in past systems I’ve had.
- first off its the first 4k player out on the market. i caught a sale 80 dollars off from retail price of 400. it upscales everything from dvd to blue ray quality. take blue rays to 2160 p. 4k upscale. loads super fast. i love it. go buy this player you cant go wrong.
- The product is ok… I would recommend choosing a different brand. I had a few software issue right out of the box. Also Samsung tech/service department were the worst company I have ever talked with. I am still wait for a call from a “supervisor” it’s almost been two weeks. Buy at your own risk, I would return my product if I could.