The Samsung MU8000 Ultra HDTV redefines the viewing experience that produces over a billion colors with 4K Color Drive Extreme and a High Dynamic Range (HDR) picture. Our new Smart TV user-interface (UI), the new Smart Remote Controller with voice navigation capability provides faster access to your favorite streaming content choices and more.
Samsung 65″ Class MU8000-Series TV (UN65MU8000):
- Screen Size (Diag.): 64.5″
- Backlight Type: LED
- Resolution: 2160p
- Effective Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Smart Functionality: yes
- Smart Platform: Apps, web browser
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- OSD Language: English, Spanish, French
- Speakers/Power Output: 20W x 2
- Sound System: Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Premium Sound, 5.1 Decoding
- 360-degree design
- 4K Color Drive Extreme
- 4K HDR Extreme
- Triple Black
- MR 240
- Clean Cable Solution
- Quad-core processor
- Screen Mirroring
- ConnectShare Movie
- Bluetooth LE
- HDMI Inputs: 4
- Tuner: Digital ATSC
- USB Ports: 3
- Built-in WiFi: yes
- RS232C: 1
What’s In The Box:
- Smart Remote Control
- One Connect Mini
- Mount Pattern: 400mm x 400mm
Support and Warranty:
- Limited warranty
- Excellent picture quality. HDR rendition adds to the overall effect. Sound is great even though I might in the future purchase a sound bar and surround sound speakers.
- The TV itself was easy to set up and the legs had the choice of being at their widest point or there was another slot where they could be about four inches further inward which I chose due to the stand was a little short on one end. There were only 2 wires from the TV and they were hidden inside the R leg for seamless wiring. The Connect One Box made handling the wires even easier. The set up was very easy, just follow the prompts. The best part about this is the color and clarity, and it looks like 3D but it’s not, that’s just how clear and realistic the picture is….it’s amazing
- This tv is awesome! The blacks are deep and dark and the colors are bright and vibrant. I saw low reviews about the one connect box but I think it is nice having a box that is easy to access to plug in the hdmi cables. Color wasn’t great right out of the box but once I played with the color settings a little it came out terrific. If you are on the fence about this tv, don’t be it’s great…
- This is my second TV with Samsung. I love the Samsung high-def TVs. This is a major upgrade for me. My last one lasted 9 years before I gave it to a friend and I expect this one will too. The 240mhz is fantastic. 4K features are just crazy good. The different modes, the voice activation, all of it is really fun to use. Sometimes TV ARC has trouble but I’ve heard that’s common. Anynet+ is the best invention for using one remote control instead of a bunch. Overall I like it a lot. Especially the cable box at the bottom where everything plugs into instead of creating a rat’s nest of cables on my entertainment center.
- The 4K picture is amazing. The remote easily paired with my Samsung sound system, PS4, and the home wireless system. I am impressed with the features and ease of operation. The design of the tv compliments my home furnishings. The connections are simplified with the remote connection device and the wires are hidden from view.
- Great TV with fantastic design of apps and easy to use. Picture quality is great though a little grainy with non HD shows. Wonderful TV for me
- My old DLP tv had a short in it and needed a new bulb and ballast. Bulb was 3 months old. Repair man said could be fixed for at least $400, but the wiring was also burnt and could not be replaced. Would be a fire hazard if fixed. I used the opportunity to purchase a new 4K Samsung TV. The QLED reviews were pricey. I wanted the MU9000, but each date given was pushed back. The MU8000 was a good alternative and less money for about the same quality picture, color and contrast. The picture is lifelike as if you could reach out an touch the characters in the screen. Good brightness and even the dark scenes have good detail. My old TV was totally dark in night scenes. I like Samsung’s menu of apps that can be used and customized for picture and sound. This has been a great TV to watch movies and TV shows on.
- Clever design with hub that contains all connections, you don’t have a bunch of cables connecting to the tv. The thickness of screen is very thin. Remote has full functionality with a few buttons. You can connect a usb harddrive/multi station with videos and tv will play them. Works well with Roku 4 with plex.
- Tv is okay , remote doesn’t respond sometime and it doesn’t connect to my new S8 I’ve to use my chrome cast that work much better then the TV cast Samsung Is forcing advertisements on my own TV (On the smart HUB) and there is no way to stop that .. I would not recommend a smart TV from them anymore