Stream your favorite TV shows and movies straight to your TV with the Roku Ultra. It has voice search to make finding your next binge easier, and it’s compatible with 4K Ultra HD displays for crystal-clear picture quality. The Roku Ultra includes a lost remote finder so you never have to search the couch cushions again.
Get access to a world of instant entertainment with this product. Just connect to the Internet and stream movies, listen to music, and access a wide variety of other content.
Access a world of entertainment
Stream movies, music and other content using a wide range of apps, including Netflix, Hulu and PBS KIDS.
4K picture quality and HDR
4K picture immerses you in the action with crisp, life-like images that practically jump off the screen.
HDR displays a wider range of colors, brighter whites, and deeper blacks to create more natural and true-to-life imagery.
Roku is compatible with your mobile devices.
Download the Roku app on your Android or iOS device to send photos, music and video to your TV.
Private listening via remote or mobile
Plug the included headphones into the wireless remote for private listening, or use your iOS or Android phone or tablet and the Roku mobile app to enjoy private listening anytime with plug-in headphones.
Find content quickly and easily with voice search
Using the included Wi-Fi remote, simply say the name of the title, actor, director or film category you want to search and get results instantly.
High-speed wireless connectivity
Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi connects to the Internet through your wireless home network (wireless router required and sold separately).
Compatible with most TVs
Easily connects to HDTVs and 4K Ultra HD TVs.
The 4K experience requires a compatible 4K TV and 4K content. 4K content will not be available on all channels.
Web-based services and content require high-speed Internet service. Some services may require a subscription.
- Use this on my 4k tv to watch PS VUE. I can confirm it does in fact convert PS VUE to 4k on my tv and 60FPS. Unit is fast and the voice search is useful but only works within the Roku itself and not any apps. Make sure you have the correct HDMI standard, I had to use a newer cable for it to detect 4k.
- Very easy setup. Very very good picture. Video is very smooth with no halting or lag (though I should probably note that my Roku connection is with Ethernet, not wireless). Unlike the Roku4, the Ultra has no fan so there is no noise to disturb your viewing.
- This is the best Roku by far. Picture quality is fantastic, every feature and option you can think of . I highly recommend this product
- I picked this up to finally replace my Apple TV. With this device I’m hoping that I can watch all my streaming with one device. The newest Apple TV still can’t do Amazon Prime and my old Apple TV couldn’t do Plex (streaming from my home media server). Plus the CW network now has an app that doesn’t work on the old Apple TV. A big issue as new episodes on that network are no longer on Hulu. So, this Roku Ultra does it all for me. I no longer have to fire up Apple TV, a PS3, or an XBox based on what I’m watching. This doesn’t appear to run hot like the old Roku 4 and there is no fan either so it is a lot quieter than the Roku 4 (that this model replaces). The only con I see so far is closed captioning on Roku is really poor compared to Apple TV (or other devices in general really). The captions are poorly placed, have black boxes all around them, and can’t interpret things like apostrophes so it leaves a blank box where symbols like those should be. So my wife who uses captions all the time is a little disappointed. Other than that I have no complaints so far.
- I have had the new Roku Ultra for a couple days now, and this unit is simply awesome! It is sooo quick and smooth with none of the problems that the Roku 4 had. Including having to reset the Roku 4 several times a week. There is no lag at all whatsoever. You hit the button, and it happens…period! I’m also very glad they moved the remotes ok button to the middle of the directional pad. The Roku 4’s remote was absolutely horrid! I couldn’t be happier with the Roku Ultra!
- I bought a Roku Ultra yesterday and discovered the USB port was not working. I called Roku and they confirmed that currently the USB port on all Roku Ultra players is not working. This means Roku shipped this product untested. They are working on a solution but were unsure as to when the fix (hopefully a new firmware download) will be available. IF YOU NEED THE USB PORT DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!