Protein for Strong Muscles Highly Digestible Formula
Animal Health Concern: Maintenance
Ingredients: Whole Grain Corn, Meat and Bone Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Animal Fat Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols, Soybean Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Egg and Chicken Flavor, Whole Grain Wheat, Animal Digest, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Mono and Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Yellow 6, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Yellow 5, Red 40, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Blue 2, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Garlic Oil, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Selenite. D-4101.
Instructions: To open:Pull red tape off to the left.Recommended daily feeding amounts using a standard 8-oz measuring cup:Adult dog size (lbs): 3-12 – Feeding amount (cups): 1/2 – 1-1/4.Adult dog size (lbs): 13-20 – Feeding amount (cups): 1 – 1/4-1-1/2.Adult dog size (lbs): 21-35 – Feeding amount (cups): 1-1/2-2-1/4.Adult dog size (lbs): 36-50 – Feeding amount (cups): 2-1/4-2-3/4.Adult dog size (lbs): 51-75 – Feeding amount (cups): 2-3/4-3-2/3.Adult dog size (lbs): 76-100 – Feeding amount (cups): 3-2/3-4-1/3.Adult dog size (lbs): Over 100 – Feeding amount (cups): 4-1/3 cups plus 1/3 cups for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100 lbs.Amounts are recommended for an average adult dog with normal activity. Remember food intake requirements vary depending on age, activity and environment, and should be adjusted accordingly.Switching to Purina? Dog Chow?:When switching to Purina? Dog Chow? from another food, please allow 7-10 days for the transition. Gradually add more Purina? Dog Chow? and less of the previous food to your pet’s dish each day until the changeover is complete. This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.Provide adequate fresh water in a clean container daily.For your pet’s health, see your veterinarian regularly.Ideal body condition chart:The Purina life plan: An unprecedented fourteen-year study by Purina proves that you can help extend your dog’s healthy years by feeding to his ideal body condition throughout his life. Use the recommended feeding amounts as shown.Too thin: ribs are highly visible. Increase the amount you are feeding for 2-3 weeks and then re-evaluate.Ideal: You can feel the outline of the ribs. Dogs at a healthy weight have an hourglass figure.Too heavy: Dog has no waist and rounded belly. Decrease the amount you are feeding for 2-3 weeks and then re-evaluate.Store in a cool, dry place.
Feeding Instructions: Amounts are recommended for an average adult dog with normal activity. Remember food intake requirements vary depending on age, activity and environment, and should be adjusted accordingly.Switching to Purina Dog Chow: When switching to Purina Dog Chow from another food, allow 7-10 days for the transition. Gradually add more Purina Dog Chow and less of the previous food to your pet’s dish each day until the changeover is complete. This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upset.Provide adequate fresh water in a clean container daily. For your pet’s health, see your veterinarian regularly.
- I’ve fed Dog Chow for years and my dog’s have always done well on this product. I noticed a slight change in the kibble recently. Perhaps a little smaller in size, the coloration a bit lighter, and one of the kibble pieces that I remember no longer there. I believe it looked like a cross or X shape…. Has anything changed in the formula, or is it simply a different extruder?
- Love the product have used it for 8 year’s now my labs Love it
- I’ve been feeding Purina Dog Chow and Purina Puppy Chow to my 6 dogs (3 Boxers, 2 Chihuahua mixes and a Leopard Cur Hound) for over 11 years and they’ve always been happy, healthy and in good weight and physical condition. I’ve recommend Purina to all my friends and family and they love it too.
- my dogs have eat this 4 a very long time..well as a matter of fact this has been used in my family all my life im 50 yrs old and my dad fed this 2 his dogs and i have continued on with it over the years..this product so far has never been on any recall lists so i feel its safe 2 use.
- My 2 dogs loves this food My 10 year old Lab is a very picky eater. She loves it!
- I’ve been using Purina Dog Chow Complete Health for my senior pit bull for many years. He loves the taste and it has kept him healthy and at a good weight. He is 14 years old and only his gray hairs give away his age.
- I have 4 German Shepard and they haven’t ate anything but purina since birth.thank you for helping me keep them healthy
- I buy Purina dog chow for my local humane society. They like the consistent nutrition. Many of the dogs come in ,in poor condition . Purina dog chow helps improve their condition, without stomach issues.
- I have two Great Pyrenees and a black Lab, all love it and have for several years. They still love it!!