This Prevue Pet Products Extra-Large Wrought Iron Flight Cage is a larger version of the best-selling F040 model. It is an ideal home for parakeets, canaries or finches, giving your birds lots of room to roam. This pet cage features two large front doors for easy access. Use the upper door to reach your birds when they’re on their perches, and use the lower door to change water and add seed. Mirrors, swings and other fun toys can be easily attached to the walls or top, so your pets will love their home. The pull-out bottom grille and tray provide convenient cleaning while the doors remain securely latched for safety. This Prevue cage has a black hammertone finish and durable wrought iron construction for years of use. With a bottom shelf to provide storage space for seed, it stands on rolling casters and is easily moved from room to room. Four plastic cups and three solid wood perches are included in this generously sized habitat.
The Prevue Pet Products Extra-Large Wrought Iron Flight Cage has 1/2-inch wire spacing to keep your feathered friends protected and safe.
Prevue Pet Products Extra-Large Wrought Iron Flight Cage, Black Hammertone:
- For multiple parakeets, canaries or finches
- 4 plastic double cups and 3 wood perches
- Prevue cage in black hammertone finish has 2 large hinged front doors
- Bottom grille and tray slide out for easy cleaning
- Stand with casters
- Durable wrought iron construction
- Bottom shelf for additional storage
- Dimensions: 37″L x 23″W x 60″H
- 1/2″ wire spacing
- 90-day limited manufacturer’s warranty
- I have raised finches and canaries for a number of years, and have two smaller Prevue floor flight cages, but this one is by far the best! It is a perfect size and my birds love it! It is not that hard to put together, even for one person. I am not good at putting things together, and I only had a little difficulty when it came to the last step, putting the roof on, since so many parts have to snap into place at once. But I did it! I love this cage and plan to buy two more in the future. I highly recommend it! And the price at Hayneedle is unbeatable!
- I know some people have complained about poor assembly instructions and some pieces being bent but I had neither issue. Mine was well packed with bubble paper between every level and the box had reinforced corners. The pieces aren’t labelled but it is pretty easy to tell what is what and I took about 15 min to sort and label the parts while I inspected them. I thought the instructions were very easy to follow (maybe they have been improved). I put it together myself and had no issues. It took about an hour to put it together but I was being very careful. The only hard part was putting on the top because you have to align everything and and match up a lot of wires and holes. The top sags a tiny bit in the center but it is not a big deal at all to me. Also the rails have been holding the bottom tray just fine. I know some people have had issues but I’ve been lucky. The cage is very sturdy and works great for my parakeets. You will need more perches but that’s an easy fix. The cage is huge and there is a lot of room to fly around. The spacing of the bars and spring doors means this is really made for smaller birds but I think it would work for larger ones if the doors are secured. I’ve seen this cage advertised for 2x the price by national pet stores. This isn’t a cheaply built cage. I am very pleased.
- I needed a larger cage for my 8 year old cockatail. I also intended to find a companion for my Misty. I read reviews and liked what I read pertaining to this large cage. Purchased it and waited for it. The delivery was actually less days then stated. I am a 68 year old women so putting this together by myself was going to be a challenge. Wrong! I had this cage ready for Misty in lass than an hour and a half. After quickly reading over the directions a couple of times I found it to be quite easy. Off I went to find a new friend for Misty.
- Easy to assemble Big enough to host 33 of my parakeets, 4 nesting boxes and toys for their play. I custom built a cage few years ago but now it was small for the needs of our “too many” birds.
- Two part pieces don’t fit right, I had to tie them to adjoining pieces. Too big spaces over or under, I’m afraid the small birds could escape. Took me 3-4 hours fixing and finding the right fit. How frustrating!! But the cage concept and size are excellent. My virds are happy otherwise, and I’m half as happy because of all the unnecessary work.
- I raised 2 baby sparrows and they became extremely tame. Wanted a nice big cage they could fly in and enjoy themselves. This cage is an awesome buy, super roomy, looks great, and I love the fact it’s on wheels and can just be moved from here to there. Great price as well. I will probably invest in another soon for my parakeets. Went together fairly easy. It is better with 2 people holding sides as it is frustrating doing it with one set of hands. But all in all I love the cage and the birds do too. I would recommend this in a heartbeat.
- This cage is cheaply constructed,,,,easily bent and the tray gets warped just by being outside for the afternoon to let the birds get some sun and now wont fit in the channel. Piece of JUNK