The Presto Dehydro Digital Electric Dehydrator 06301 is a deluxe digital dehydrator that includes six drying trays, and is expandable to 12 trays for added drying capacity. Dehydration maintains natural vitamins and minerals, with no additives or preservatives. The drying trays nest when not in use for over a 40 percent reduction in storage space. The digital timer and thermostat provide precise drying times and temperatures that range from 90 to 165 F. The bottom-mounted fan and heating element provide consistent airflow for optimum drying with no tray rotation necessary. A see-through cover on the top tray lets you monitor the drying progress. The drying trays and cover are fully immersible and dishwasher safe. It includes starter packs of jerky spice and cure, two fruit roll sheets for making healthy fruit rolls and strips from fresh, frozen or canned fruit and two nonstick mesh screens for drying small and sticky foods.
Presto Dehydro Digital Electric Food Dehydrator, 06301:
- The Presto Dehydro Digital Electric Dehydrator 06301 dehydration maintains natural vitamins and minerals
- Includes 6 drying trays
- Expandable up to 12 drying trays
- Digital timer and thermostat provide precise drying times
- This digital food dehydrator temperatures range from 90 to 165 F
- Bottom-mounted fan and heating element
- No tray rotation necessary
- See-through cover on top tray
- Drying trays and cover are dishwasher safe
- Drying trays nest for compact storage
- Instruction book and drying guide included with the electric food dehydrator
- Digital Food Dehydrator Dimensions: 15″L x 7.25″W x 14.5″H
- Presto Dehydro Digital Electric Dehydrator 06301 Model# 06301
- This electric food dehydrator includes:
- Starter packs of jerky spice and cure
- 2 fruit roll sheets for making healthy fruit rolls and strips from fresh, frozen or canned fruit
- 2 nonstick mesh screens for drying small and sticky foods
- I got this food dehydrator a few days ago. I decided to make dehydrated apple slices. strawberries, and bananas. I read a bit about the sound of the unit but it is more than tolerable and is no louder than a running microwave. So far its acting good, plenty of dehydrating space and love the digital controls and timer. It is fairly compact and does the job well. The one thing i noticed is that the dehydrating times seem to be on the low side in the book it comes with. It takes my stuff much longer to dry. AVG: 6hr-12Hrs on regular fruits but maybe it depends on how thin you like your fruit. You will enjoy this unit!
- Love the product features; I upgraded from an older model. Doesn’t take up a lot of storage space. I’ve only used it one, but I’m happy with it so far.
- I’m so glad I purchased this dehydrator. I’ve only done bananas and apples so far, but it worked good and the product came out good. I really like that you can control the temperature and time digitally. The lid is large and clear so you can actually look at what you are dehydrating to see how they are coming along. I guess my only complaint would be that it is noisy and it took 6 hours for my apples and bananas. I’m going to use it from now on in my utility room so we won’t notice the noise. I’m looking forward to try meat because I want to make jerky for my two dogs. I’m thinking it would be more cost effective than buying their treats and a lot more healthy.
- Can’t wait to use this dehydrator Christmas present to myself. Woo Hooks.
- I like that I can set the temp and the timer and walk away. It automatically turns off when it is done. I also like that I don’t have to rotate the trays.
- Does what I want it to do. With the variable temp. control I can set it low enough to make bread yeast or high enough for jerky. Also dehydrating my farm eggs. Too cool!!
- I will admit, I was skeptical at first because of the price, but this thing works great. The fact that you can set the timer and walk away is a great feature. I wouldn’t have one without it now. I bought it to make venison jerky, and it does an excellent job with that. I ordered an extra set of trays with my purchase, and I can make around 3 – 3 1/2 lbs each time sliced at 1/4″ thick. Very happy with this purchase
- I received this unit for my birthday in June…I wanted to dehydrate tomatoes. Well, one thing after another, that didn’t happen. I opened the box Sunday and finally dehydrated some Kale to use in soups this winter (before it went bad). It took 5 hours at 95 to dry (I think I could have turned it up to 115 and it would have been done sooner). It’s not the quietest model, I’m sure. But that doesn’t bother me. I love the fact that you can set the timer and temperature and not have to babysit it like the older models (I had a Ronco years ago). I’m looking up jerky recipes now and thinking about what else I can stick in there…perhaps apples. I found a lovely dried apple pie recipe.
- Bought this and had to return it the next day it would not even turn on .