Getting a close shave each time in no difficult with the Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D. Norelco’s GyroFlex 3D system together with UltraTrack heads and SkinGlide technologies gives you an extremely smooth shave in just a few strokes. With its three-dimensional-contouring, the Norelco SensoTouch razor follows every curve of your face and neck, thus ensuring a closer shave. UltraTrack heads help remove even the shortest stubble, whereas smooth SkinGlide reduces skin irritation. The easy grip handle with anti-slip coating makes for closer control. The skin-friendly precision trimmer makes it easy to trim your moustache and sideburns as it keeps unnecessary skin contact to a minimum. Whether you use shaving cream or not doesn’t really matter – the Aquatec seal ensures a smooth, easy shave.
Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor:
- Three-dimensional shave contouring
- Combine channels to catch longer hairs and slots for normal hairs
- Holes catch the shortest stubble
- Aquatec seal on the razor which allows for use with or without shaving cream
- 50 minutes of shaving time or 17 days of shaving
- This shaver does a great job for a electric razor. It provides a close shave. Much quieter than my old razor. The charging stand is the down side to this shaver, you must plug the shaver into the stand so when traveling you have to take the stand with you to recharge if traveling for a week or more. It would have been a better design if you could have plugged the electric cord directly into the shaver. The shaver head also gets in the way sometimes when you using the trimmer but not a hugh issue for me. I have had the shaver for a few weeks now and hope it lasts for years like the old one.
- I just received two RQ12 replace heads and they are not up to standard. I am very disappointed that the replacement heads are not the same as the original shaving head. I will not purchase any more replacement heads and will toss the razor as soon as the 2nd replacement head is worn.
- I love this razor…its great. It died on me one day and I called customer support and they shipped me a new one, the next day. Awesome razor…but everything breaks…not every company replaces broken things this easily. Can’t recommend it / them enough
- I have only owned this razor for a week, but I have had no problems with the quality of the shave so far. It does a good job of getting all the stray hairs and it has not caused any skin rash problems. I switched from a Gillette Fusion, and I have a fairly coarse beard, so I was pleased not to have the problems I had seen in other reviews. It charges quickly, and it is easy to hold and use.
- I have a tough beard and it grows very fast. Been using this razor since xmas and it has worked great smooth cutting and long lasting effect. If this continues I will be very happy. Used a 10 year older verison of this razor that I had changed blades a number of times.
- The razor is great – I bought it for my husband. But there is no trimmer on it. Being a woman I just didn’t think about that. It is the one thing he misses.
- Still breaking in w/8100 and probably taking longer to shave than i will when i get to the end of that. But, so far, it’s best shave/shaver i’ve ever owned/used: quiet, smooth, absolutely non-pulling or irritating even on 2 or 3 day growth and i’m working a lot less; lighter pressure and lighter shaver. I have medium -heavy beard and fairly thin/tender skin.
- This shaver shaves fairly well. However, the blades are expensive to replace, $55.00 retail. The blades are tricky to open up for cleaning. The blade assembly is delicate and could easily be damaged or broken. You must take a power cord and adapter as well as a charging stand to charge it when on a trip. Also, you cannot shave with it using the cord only. You can only shave if the battery is charged. Then, there is the trimmer. The trimmer is very ineffective. It is too narrow and doesn’t trim well at all. All in all, this shaver is cockeyed… Previous Norelco model shavers have a much better form factor and simply are more convenient to travel with, and clean. The design of this model and it’s family of shavers are a mistake.