The simple modern design of the Parsons Daybed combines minimalist style and function. The tubular steel frame is finished in a powder-coated black for an elegant minimalist look.
Parsons Daybed, Black:
- Industrial-style day bed
- Simple minimalist styling
- European flex slat support system
- Steel construction
- Powder-coated black finish
- Box spring not required
- 1-year warranty
- Model# WM-MSP-DB-TW-K
- Day bed size bed (assembled): 78.25″L x 42.00″W x 35.00″H
- Arrives in 2 boxes
- Box 1 dimensions: 80.31″L x 37″W x 3.93″H
- Box 2 dimensions: 78.5″L x 7.75″W x 3″H
- Mattresses sold separately.
- This bed is a simple, sturdy design. It took less than ann hour to assemble. It came in two easy to transport boxes. With the right twin size mattress, I’m extremely pleased!
- I used site-to-store to save $75 freight charge. Walmart was very helpful loading the 2 boxes for me. The packaging was fantastic, every piece wrapped individually, no scratches. The powder coating was a perfect job, no runs, drips. Beautiful finish. Welding marks make it very cool & unique. Bed comes with all hardware & little tools that work just fine (nothing else needed). Only picture directions are included, and they don’t tell you what order to build it in, so I learned the hard way. I started with the frame, but later realized that the long bars on the back section slide onto the posts of the head & footboard rather than just screw-on. So, they have to go on 1st. It was built WAY better than I expected. I also left most of the soft wrap on the centers, only pulling away from the parts to attach until I was done building it, because I’m “so picky” and didn’t want any scratches. It worked great. The slats are all put together like a roll-top desk, so they won’t shift or slide. I also bought the Spa Sensations 6″ memory foam mattress #also from Walmart.com#. You don’t need any box-spring, or anything, just the memory foam mattress right on the slats. This is for a main sleeping bed, a side-sleeper with back & neck problems, and I can say I am completely happy with all. I always read the Walmart reviews before I purchase anything, and I find them very helpful, so I hope this can help someone too 🙂
- Needed an extra bed/sitting furniture for my master bed room when I want to read or have the grand kids visit over night. This was the perfect solution. Easy to set up. VERY sturdy and elegant looking. Happy I purchased it. Great buy!
- I wanted this bed for my daughter’s room (15). We had no problem putting this bed together with just us. Actually, I probably could have put it together myself if I had to, but I enjoy putting things together. All the tools needed are included. It seems very sturdy, but it is on carpeting and holding an individual that is only 110 lbs. We wanted the bed for a specific look (a city themed bedroom). It looks really nice.
- I have been looking for a solution to the very small 2nd bedroom in my condo. I previously had a full size bed and two night stands that took up most of the space which resulted in cramming my office into my master bedroom. The best option to maximize the space while providing sleeping accommodations for two guests was a day bed with trundle. This also allowed me to move my desk into the room and overall is a better use of the space. I searched high and low for something reasonably priced and would fit my modern decor. I actually came across this and fell in love with the Parsons look that can also be found in several high end retailers. I really hate ordering items without reviews especially on an item that is in multiple boxes, is heavy and awkward, and would be a pain to return. However, I loved the look so much I ordered it. Two of the boxes came FedEx, the other by Seko. They each arrived on 3 different days but all in a row. The packaging was amazing. I was shocked that they really took time and attention with their shipping boxes (packaged by the mfg). The metal frames were completely wrapped with a fabric strip to prevent the pieces from having paint rubbed off. Everything arrived with no damage. Kudos to the manufacturer on that aspect. Assembly took about an hour and was pretty painless. The tools are included which is nice. I ended up ordering the 8in Slumber 1 mattress for the top and it fits perfect. I ordered the 6in Slumber 1 for the bottom and it also fits perfect. I couldn’t be more pleased with this!
- When I got the day bed I was pleased with because it seemed modern and nice although when I unwrapped the arms I had found the joints to the back bars were bent and we couldn’t even assemble the piece. Tens of dents riddled the metal bars. The next problem that came with this bed was the welding. It was poorly done and very sloppy. I’m not sure I would recommend this bed if the customer had to go through what I went through.