Switch to a healthy way of making popcorns with the Presto 04821 Orville Redenbacher’s Popper. This popper uses hot air instead of oil for a healthy low calorie treat. This Hot Air Popcorn Popper can pop up to 18 cups of gourmet popcorn is less than 2 minutes. It also reduces the popping time from the conventional way.
The butter melter of the White popcorn Maker can double as a handy measuring cup for a perfect cup of popcorns. The convenient cute of this popcorn maker directs popcorn right into your bowl without creating any mess or spill. This popcorn maker is lightweight and portable. Enjoy a healthy low calorie treat of popcorns in any party or get together with the Presto 04821 Orville Redenbacher’s Popper.
Presto 04821 Orville Redenbacher’s Popper
- Pops with hot air, not oil
- Produces healthy, low-calorie treat
- Pops up to 18 cups of gourmet popcorn in less than 2-1/2 minutes
- Virtually no unpopped kernels
- Butter melter doubles as a handy measuring cup
- Chute directs popcorn right into your bowl
- I like the visual calmness of plain white appliances with little or no branding. We donated our old Presto air popper (from the early 1990’s) because it was taxi-cab yellow and an eye sore. It rankled me every day I had to look at it. (It also had a large black and red logo of some sort splashed across the front of it ). It was just too jarring. Many of our appliances are on a kitchen bookcase displayed in the open as we do not have any other place to store items. Our kitchen is small… All are white, and a few chrome — that is a big deal to me! (Weird maybe? I also remove many products from their original containers and put into generic containers… not so much visual clutter. Breathe in… Calm…) So, with that being said, the good news: the Orville Redenbacher logo is a peel-off sticker. Very good! I have to admit to you that the color was the whole reason I purchased this model, and paid more for it than other choices we could have made. We have used it 4 times so far – it works great, and does what it is supposed to do. I THINK it is even quieter than our last popper. (They are loud!) The chute is actually a Teflon like material. The only thing I did not like was the butter hopper looked like it had been used and had a coating of grease. Actually, it is just the way it is made — it has a texture and small bubbles that may or may not be intentional in the manufacturing of it. But that is really a small detail that does not matter over all. Also, the cord is much shorter than we used to have — luckily the outlet is close and all is well! Like other reviewers have noted: it is true that you need very fresh popcorn or high quality popcorn to get all the kernels popped. We purchased the Orville Redenbacher brand and had only a few un-popped kernels. We went all out for the maiden voyage of our new purchase! Then for our next batch, we used our months-old store brand pop corn just to experiment and almost half of it was un-popped. Now I am using our FoodSaver ( oh yes, its white!!) to vacuum seal the pop corn in a mason jar between uses — hoping that will help keep it fresher as popcorn is a once-a-week treat for us. So far, it has been a good purchase and we recommend it.
- Have had about 6 bowls from this popper from Presto. It has the right heat and power to pop the kernels nice and fluffy. Had a cheaper brand for about 2 months and threw it out. Should have known better, our previous Presto lasted for years. If you love your popcorn, pay the few extra dollars for this one.
- I had purchased a West Bend Stir Crazy it would burn the popcorn every time. Took it back and purchased this Hot Air Popper. It works great and doesn’t scorch the corn. You don’t use any popping oil so if you want to add any flavoring you will have to add popcorn salt/flavor after it is popped.
- Bought this to replace our previous Orville that finally bit the dust after over 15 years of heavy usage. A solid well performing air popper.
- I was thinking of getting the stir-type stove top poppers, but having read all the positive reviews on the Presto popper, I decided to go ahead and order one. WOW! This is the best popcorn you will ever have and my family LOVES it. It’s super easy to use, super easy to clean, and the price is right. There’s nothing not to love about this product. It pops large and fluffy, with virtually no kernels left unpopped. So, if you love your “old maids,” you will be disappointed, lol. Now, for those who have reported that the popper left several unpopped kernels, let me point out that you need to make sure you use FRESH popcorn, not stuff that’s been sitting around for 10 months. We used the Orville Reddenbacher popcorn, but I’m sure any brand will do fine. Buy it — you won’t regret it!
- I have several problems with this item. It has no on/off switch, and whenever I unplug it to turn it off, there are sparks. Also, the entire unit and the bowl into which the popcorn is deposited gets extremely HOT. And lastly, unpopped kernels fly all over the room before any popped corn actually comes out. I would never purchase this again, and would not recommend it to anyone.