For over 100 years Meccano has allowed you to explore real engineering, using real tools. Now, experience Meccano’s new innovation in robotics with its latest offering, the Meccanoid G15KS Personal Robot. When you build a Meccanoid G15KS Personal Robot, you’re building a friend. It’s easy, using the real tools included. When you’re all done building Meccanoid’s frame and have plugged in the batteries, it will use its Meccabrain to guide you through connecting its motors. You can even rebuild Meccanoid as a dinosaur, or anything else you can dream up. With your imagination and 1,223 parts to play with, the possibilities are endless. Standing almost 4 feet tall the Meccanoid G15KS uses advanced technology and 10 motors to deliver even more realistic movement to its arms head and feet. Thanks to its Learned Intelligent Movement (LIM) technology, you can simply move its arms and head or speak to it and Meccanoid records what you’re doing and repeats it back to you.
Meccano MeccaNoid G15 KS:
- 2016 award winning Innovative Toy Of The Year
- Comes with over one thousand phrases and voice recognition to make your personal robot more like your best friend
- Download the free app from Google Play or iTunes AppStore — works with iOS and Android
- Build, program and play with this fully operational, 4′ tall robot, with life-like articulated limbs powered by 10 motors for realistic movement
- 1800mAh NiMH Battery and charger included
- Includes: 1223 parts, 1 AC/DC wall mount charger, 1 rechargeable 1800mAh NiMH battery, 1 meccabrain, 1 LED module, 2 hand tools, 8 servos, 2 rear wheel assembly, 2 motor gearbox assembly
- Excellent Robotic toy for kids to assemble and learn how to follow instructions..
- My son liked the building process the most, but would like more commands and it’s fingers to be functional.
- Product takes about a day to put together, but is well worth it. One the torso is build the rest gets easier.
- The Meccano Meccanoid G15 KS Personal Robot is awesome. If you are thinking about getting one – do it. It stands 4 feet tall and can be assembled in countless different configurations (the entire set consists of 1,188 pieces). The standard way to put it together looks like a prototypical robot (it reminds me of Johnny 5 – I think it’s the eyes). We had no idea that it was this large – It is like having another member of the family. You can really create all kinds of different things with it (there are plans online to make a dinosaur shaped robot). We have an older Lego robotics set, and while this has a lot in common (assembly and ability to create your own robots), it is also quite different (size, programming methods, voice recognition, rechargeable battery, etc.). It can be programmed through a smart device (android or iOS), or taught by moving it around as desired and “programming” it this way. It will respond to voice commands and even tells jokes. There are 10 total motors (compared to 3 in a Lego robotics set) included which allows for realistic movement – don’t expect the legs to “walk” like a human – it simply rolls with motors in the “feet”. The large eyes are actually LEDs that can be adjusted to almost any color. Again, would recommend to anyone looking for a toy/educational robot. It recommended for ages 10 and up. Enjoy!
- I got this robot for my son. We had removed all the parts…and there is a LOT of parts so make sure you are keeping tabs on all the pieces. One of the bags had broken open in the box that contained screws and so I had to find all the screws in the box. I unfortunatly have not had a chance to get this robot fully put together as we were missing a couple parts in our box. The company has been very nice about helping us fix this issue and so we are waiting for replacement parts in the meantime. In the meantime I can say the parts are sturdy, easy adjustable to make a robot or other type of shape. There are wheels for your creation to go back and forth and my son was pretty excited to put it together till we counted out parts and realized we were missing some. We will hopefully have a update on how well it works later. So far we think it is pretty cool and look forward to getting it up and running.
- First I would like to say that this robot is AWESOME! Also, the fact that it can be built into a dinosaur or rover is very cool. I’m sure that with some creative ingenuity, one would be able to create many other things as well. Especially if there were mini kits of parts that could be purchased. The possibilities would almost be endless. This robot is programmable in so many ways. You can even install your phone in it’s chest and it will utilize the camera to move with you. Jokes, dancing and true customizable speech and movements are even more features that this wonderful robot has to offer. With the high impact plastic and quality grade hardware, this robot has very good form to go with its function. With that being said, this robot takes quite some time to build. There are about a thousand pieces of hardware alone. You must pay very close attention to the orientation of the parts and the placement of the hardware. You definitely need to be somewhat mechanically inclined to assemble this product. The directions do not give full detail on how to connect all the servo leads together. They do tell you how to connect a couple of them and the rest are pretty much common sense to some one with some mechanical ability. I also found that two screws were missing. There are a few different size screws and they give you a couple extra of the mostly used size screws, so I just used those. No big deal though. It seems to have worked just fine in place of the two that the manual was calling out for. I would have to say that overall this robot is five stars and anyone young or old would absolutely love this product. I sure do!!
- This product after putting together constantly looses screws and nuts no matter how tight you can get them. Has trouble understanding commands. Not worth the price.