Cook your favorite stocks, soups, stews, pasta and more with this Mainstays 16-Quart Stainless Steel Stock Pot.
Mainstays 16-Quart Stainless Steel Stock Pot:
- Durable stainless steel handle
- Heat- and shatter-resistant glass lid
- Triple-ply base for even and quick cooking
- I chose this pan, from ALL the stockpots on the Walmart website, mainly because it is stainless steel. I am a senior citizen, and I don’t need a full, heavy stockpot to lift around. The stainless steel is light weight and the bottom of this one was reinforced with other materials to help it heat equally. Win-win situation!
- I love my “big pot”! There is no such thing as making a small pot of soup and today I made a BIG pot of soup in my new pot. Hand cubed, defatted beef – previously cooked until almost tender (an lots of it) along with about every fresh (or frozen) vegetable known to man and it all fit. The pot cooked evenly, quickly and fit my burner nicely, too — no hangover that might cause the contents to tip and spill. I was skeptical after seeing all the prices for these stock pots – some well over $100, but was so happy to find this is a sturdy addition to my kitchen and everything I expected. The only minor problem is to make sure you use a potholder with the lid – it can get quite hot.
- I just wanted to write a review as there were none yet. I needed a big pot for doing Spaghetti Sauce out of the tomatoes from garden. Plus I needed one to be able to water bath qt jars. this fit both needs. I have a smooth top range which has kept me from canning for years, until I found out I could use the Presto pressure cooker on it, and then a pot that had a smooth bottom for water bathing This has a triple bottom for heaviness and has a nice weight to the pot ,plus very nice looking. I am very happy I found something that works. I was looking at one which goes with my set of pots and pans but was more then double the price, so that was one more reason I like it ,is the price. It cleans up very easy , you can use it for many things