Have fun playing basketball and dunking on the Lifetime 73729 48″ Shatter Guard Backboard and Rim Combo. The backboard has a steel frame for strength and support, and can be mounted on a square pole or wall for versatile use. For a durable and shatterproof design, the Lifetime backboard is constructed from Makrolon polycarbonate. It gives the look of professional glass and rebounds with the same action of a glass backboard while offering the safety benefits of Makrolon polycarbonate. To absorb the force of slam dunks, the rim has double-compression springs and wrap-around bracing. The spring design of the rim adds to the safety of the equipment, ensuring that you can enjoy the game for years to come. Fade-resistant graphics on the basketball backboard hold up against the sun and help it maintain a clean look. For added convenience, a nylon net is included with the Lifetime 73729 48″ Shatter Guard Backboard and Rim Combo.
Lifetime 73729 48″ Shatter Guard Backboard and Rim Combo
- Lifetime backboard has a 48″ Shatter Guard steel-frame
- Makrolon polycarbonate playing surface
- 48″ x 30″ x 1″ square, rugged steel frame
- Pro-glass look
- Superior rebounds
- Blow-molded frame pad, fade-resistant graphics and an arena-style, high-performance Slam-It Pro Rim
- Double-compression springs with wrap-around bracing
- Nylon net included
- Model: 73729
- 4stars because Backboard ‘glass’ is petty flimsy, but okay for the price. Kids use it just fine. I would invest in a more durable one if the kids were dunking. I purchased the Lifetime 73729 48″ Shatter Guard Backboard with the Lifetime Adjustable Mounting Kit. Assembly requires you to toggle btwn the two instruction booklets as you complete the process.
- This is the only thing that keeps my boy off his ipad, this product is awesome, it takes some time round assemble but following the instructions will do. We called the customer service and we’re very helpful we were not sure that this is what we needed.
- The last time we bought a backboard and hoop from Lifetime was 1998. Ours finally shattered so I called customer service to order a new one. The rep was very helpful and the whole process went well. The new product arrived with all the parts and good instructions. We love our new backboard and hoop!
- After searching on the web was looking for a replacement Lifetime backboard to go with our adjustable pole. The new bolts and design fit the original mounting bracket perfectly. I was working my myself so after a little bit of time I was able to make the swap. Kudos to the new heavier looking/design of the rim. It looks really nice. The only mis-giving (not to click Excellent) if any would be the shatter proof polycarbonate is thinner than the original which does effect the sound of the ball makes when doing a bank shot, and maybe the (to be determined) longevity? Though compared to other retailers could not beat the excellent Walmart pricing and super no charge fast delivery. Thumbs up to Walmart. I am happy with the purchase.
- We were give an old portable basketball hoop system with an old broken down back board and rim. Purchased this item and all is well the kids, they’ve been outside everyday enjoying their new basketball hoop.
- This is a good backboard and rim for the price. I like the metal frame and the overall sturdiness of the unit. I bought this to replace an old Lifetime backboard that was falling apart after 10 years. The Y bracket from the old backboard fit this new one, but it took me a few minutes to figure it out. It connects a little differently on this metal frame than on the plastic frame of our old backboard. A couple of the difficulties I had when assembling this were 1) getting the nuts started on the U bolt when attaching the rim. The springs took up most of the length of the U bolt, so there was very little thread showing to start the nuts on. So I had to use a piece of wood to push the springs down in order to get the nuts started on the U bolt, and 2) there were no pre-drilled holes in the metal frame of the backboard for the screws that hold the bumper guards in place. The screws are self tapping, so they can drill their way through the metal, but you have to push fairly hard and run your power driver for a while to get the screws to drill through. But once the unit is assembled, it is solid and looks nice. The kids are happy with it.
- The backboard looks great, and my 12 and 8 year old loved it until the second day we had it and one of the net holders came right off the rim. No one was dunking, they can’t even reach the rim! Now I have to figure out how to fix it. Disappointed.