The LG 12,000 BTU 115V window-mounted air conditioner is perfect for cooling a room up to 550 square feet. You will cool a lot and save even more with this unit’s energy saver function, 24-hour on/off timer and a 12.1 Energy Efficiency Ratio. With its stylish full-function remote, you can even get your cool on from across the room. LG’s patented Gold Fin anti-corrosion coating provides a protective shield so the unit lasts longer. Plus, set up is a cinch with the included installation kit.
LG LW1216ER 12,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote Control:
- 2016 Energy Star: 12.1 Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER)
- Slide in-out chasis air conditioner for window-mounted installation
- Uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- 12,000 BTUs cools a room up to 550 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 3.8 pints per hour
- Gold Fin anti-corrosion coating provides a protective shield so the unit lasts longer
- Full-function remote controls unit from across the room
- Thermistor thermostat maintains the selected temperature
- 3 cooling speeds/3 fan speeds for cooling flexibility
- 24-hour on/off timer cools on your schedule
- Energy saver function conserves energy and saves you money
- Auto restart saves your settings when the power goes out
- 4-way air deflection directs cool air where you want it
- Easy-clean mesh filter with “clean filter” alert
- Noise level: 52 dBA indoor/60 dBA outdoor
- 4′ long power cord (U.L. listed)
- Easy to use installation kit included
- We were only looking to supplement our central system but quickly realized that this window unit did enough all by itself that we don’t even use the central system anymore. It is much less energy cost than using the central air (which cools the entire house ((several rooms)) but is not needed for all the rooms). I had first installed a 14,000 btu portable unit. I was not at all pleased with it and returned it and ordered this window unit. I am a VERY happy consumer of this product!
- I had to replace one. This one is so quiet I sometimes forget its on except I am way comfortable . The old one had to stay set on 70 for any level of comfort. This one at 76 for same result. I am in Georgia and I’m not saying its hot but two hobbits just threw a ring out in my yard. This jewel keeps half of my 1600 square foot house super cool all day with no issues at all. Love it. Buying a smaller one of the same brand for the back of the house today.
- As a former technical writer of operating manuals, as well as a professional evaluator–I suggest that more time be given to the installation instructions. The instructions could be written clearer–easier to understand–and the illustrations were far too small for most readers. Arrow points and “magnified” detail and specific narratives would help in the instructional sequence of steps. However, once installed properly, the air conditioner ran as advertised. I couldn’t find the drain tube part in the plastic bag within the shipping carton.
- The customer service at walmart.com was easy and efficient. My local Walmart customer service was also excellent. The LG surpassed our expectations. Its so quiet my wife asks why I turned it off. It cools very nicely our enclosed patio thats approx 500 sq feet. Very happy with this product.
- I like the remote! I like that it is much quieter than the 16 year old unit I had previously….I like that I can set it at a temp. Had a bit of trouble with the install as was a bit different set up than previous, but not too hard to figure out. Running it on economy is the one thing I don’t care for….it causes the fan to kick on every few minutes to check the air temp and is a bit noisy. Otherwise I am very happy with this unit.
- We purchased window air condition from Walmart.com. We were looking for a quiet air condition. The air condition arrived with in 4 days. We installed window brackets and installed air condition as per instructions. Setup and turned on, you could not believe how noise was like tractor-trailer. You can not have normal conversation. I immediately called Walmart and advised of issues, they informed me to return to the store. I will not recommend to buy LG product this is the second time I have issues with LG product. Regards.