Build a brick model of the Louvre, the world’s largest museum of art, with the LEGO Architecture Louvre set. Located in the heart of Paris on the bank of the river Seine, this magnificent structure is renowned for its striking blend of Renaissance and Modernist architecture. It welcomes over 9 million visitors a year and houses over 35,000 works of art, including Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa. The Louvre started life as a fortress, built by King Philip Augustus in 1190 to protect Parisians from foreign invasion, and has since undergone a number of renovations. The result is the architecturally stunning Louvre we know today. This detailed LEGO construction toy features the prominent Pavillon de l’Horloge and the iconic, once controversial glass pyramid designed by the renowned Chinese-American architect I.M. Pei. It also comes with a booklet that describes the history and design of the Louvre. The LEGO Architecture Louvre set makes a nice birthday or Christmas gift for that little art lover in your family.
LEGO Architecture Louvre:
- 695 pieces
- Features the Pavillon de l’Horloge and I.M. Pei’s iconic Pyramide du Louvre
- Includes booklet with details on design and history
- Teach your kids about the world’s largest museum of art, known for housing the Mona Lisa and other Renaissance art
- Age range: 12 years and up
- Lego Louvre building toy makes a terrific Christmas or birthday gift
- This is a nice model and the build method for the pyramid is a tour de force. But only a small portion of the museum is displayed and this does not do justice to the Louvre’s architecture and I.M. Pei’s renovation. Thus, I decided to build out the full plaza: the reflecting ponds, a slightly enlarged pyramid, and pavilions on all three sides. The photos show the result.
- saw this building with lighting in the review then I build this, soooooooooo beautiful!!!! genius idea!!!!
- I have always been fascinated with the Louvre, the blend of classic and modern architecture. The history of the building from a garrison to a palace to the current world renowned home of the most valuable painting every. The Louvre has lived a life of history seen wars and battles, houses unfathomable stories from the past 900 years. I enjoyed the small model of the Louvre and the detail in such a small structure. I am hoping to see a larger version of this in the future.
- This was a birthday gift for my 12 year old grandson. He is into architecture and landmark buildings. He was very pleased with this kit and completed it in one day. I am pleased with the quality of this item and the time frame for arrival. I would strongly recommend this Lego set and plan on purchasing additional sets when I am able.
- Easy order and delivery to home. Thanks to Walmart. Kept the 10 year old busy for hours. Wonderful project! Looks great too!
- My niece (who is 17) and my nephew (who is 12) are huge Lego lovers! My kids always loved them growing up. This particular set has very small pieces, so recommended for older kids or master Lego builders!
- The Louvre is a fun set to build. It goes great with my Architecture collection! It also looks like the real thing.
- Was smaller than I expected. It’s certainly not huge and the photos give the sense that it’s larger than it really is. Still a great experience and my young kids were able to help a lot and be a big part of the building process. Booklet was beautiful but pages came out of the binding and became loose. Really should be higher quality and that shouldn’t happen with light use on a pricey item.