As cute as it is functional, the Janome Hello Kitty 15312 Sewing Machine delivers big results for pros and beginners alike. It features strength, durability and beautiful stitch consistency with 12 unique stitches, a four-step buttonhole and adjustable stitch length features. It also has adjustable zig-zag stitch width, a left and center needle position and a convertible free arm sewing bed. This attractive heavy-duty sewing machine is made with a heavy-duty internal metal frame for long-term use. It makes a great first sewing machine for kids, helping them learn to design and create their very own fashions, toys and accessories.
- I am posting this review as part of my entry in Walmart’s Holiday Sewing Contest. Not only is this machine adorable, it is also very functional. It’s not a toy although it will also appeal to younger sewists. Rest assured they will not outgrow it. I used mine to sew warm fleece coats to keep my newborn baby goats configurable in the cold weather. 🙂
- The machine works very well. I am very satisfied with this purchase.
- I got this machine so I can take my fancier one to the shop and not have withdrawals. The picture is a little weird, the machine is like a baby blue/grey color and only looks truly blue in sunlight. The bobbin came with the tension screw really tight, but after loosening that the stitches look very neat on both sides. I might also change out shank adapter. It’s a snap on/off and I would prefer one with a release lever.
- Our grandaughter wanted to sew, we bought this and she loved it. Great sewing machine for anyone starting to sew.
- I love this machine. I was worried when it said it was a bit smaller-I was thinking maybe it was really a child’s machine. But let worries rest, this IS a machine for adults. (Especially ones who love Hello Kitty) I just started to learn to sew and this machine works like a dream. I’ve already sewn fleece blankets and made curtains and soon I’m going to start with clothes. Learning to thread the bobbin was always tricky for me but after a couple of times, I got it with no problem. The machine doesn’t jam up or anything. I can’t say anything bad about it. It’s just all in all a great machine. I have already recommended it to other Hello Kitty sewers and the brand in general to regular crafters.
- I bought this for my 8 year old daughter. The bobbin is in a compartment where you have to take part of the machine off, take out a metal thing and then put the bobbin in sideways. Was very hard to figure out! A drop-in bobbin is much easier! Not sure this is something that my daughter will be able to do on her own. Also, there is no speed control except in how much you press the foot pedal. Would have been easier with a built-in control for speed.