The DXR-8 Video Monitor by Infant Optics is the first baby monitor with interchangeable lens technology. Three separate lens types, Normal, Wide Angle (sold separately) and Zoom, allow you to choose the most suitable focal length and viewing angle for the specific environment, just like a professional camera system. Video is streamed realtime to a compact 3.5-inch LCD color display providing a crystal clear image. The DXR-8 is packed with a roster of advanced features for added convenience: remote camera pan/tilt, infrared night vision, talk-back function, room temperature sensor and more. This camera is an investment that grows with your family. Use a close-up lens for intimate vision of your infant and swap for a panoramic lens when your child becomes more mobile to provide a full view of your child’s activity.
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens:
- First monitor with interchangeable optical lens capability, which allows customizable viewing angle and zoom
- Large 3.5″ full-color LCD display in sleek, compact unit with retractable antenna and sound-activated LED display
- Remote pan/tilt and digital zoom
- 10-hr battery life on power-saving mode, 6-hr with screen on
- Includes 1 optical zoom lens with wide-angle lens sold separately
- Picture quality isn’t quite what was advertised, it’s a little fuzzy but it still works well. I got the wide angle lens to watch an active toddler, the lens covers most of the room, with the movement capabilities covering the rest. It doesn’t quite pick up on the light in the room unless its pointed directly at it, so for some of the room it reads in the black and white night vision even during the day. This isn’t a problem for me, I can still see the kiddo. The range for the portable monitor covers the whole house (house isn’t huge), though I leave it plugged in at night so it lasts the whole night. The peace of mind given was worth the money.
- I have only had this device for two days and so far so good. The image is surprisingly good. I have not tried the zoom adapter yet but I like the features and how easy it is to use. The thermometer is off but once you know how much it’s off it’s very consistent. For example my home is 74F but the device states it’s 79F, when my home rises to 75F it reads 80F. Other than that I like it.
- This monitor is simple & straightforward. It provides high quality video and sound for monitoring a baby, and provides quality video even in the dark. The ability to move the camera remotely works well, and makes it easy to not have to check up on the camera once it’s running. The only reason I do not give it 5 stars is that it lacks more modern features, such as integration with mobile devices.
- The monitor meets expectations and allows some assurance to the parents when the baby is sleeping in another room We wish the battery on the monitor held a charge longer
- Ok first off – this is a 5star monitor. Only one I’ve ever owned but seems to work great so far! You can hang from wall and it comes w 2 lenses – regular and zoom! The fact that it has a temperature gage is awesome. And the best feature is the tilt and move feature. However on two occasions I’ve had to shut down the machine and restart in order for tilt and move to function. I just hope it keeps working! I guess the one-year warranty is nice. Night vision is really nice too and the picture is really clear. I like that it didn’t have wifi-because I don’t need creepers hacking my system!
- I Googled the top 10 monitors for 2016 and this was at the top. It’s more than I would normally pay for a monitor but I am finding it’s worth the money. The picture is so clear and the ability to sweep across the room is a big help. I bought this for my daughter because of my granddaughter being a special needs child and we need to keep a eye on her due to seizers. She was so impressed with it she bought a second camera for my grandsons room. He’s two and they are thinking about setting up a bed instead of his crib and they want to make sure they can see him if he gets up at night after they tuck him into bed.
- This unit has a battery, but it does not last all night. Therefore, the video must be plugged into the wall during the night for use all night long. The video screen emits a noise at night that is distracting. Our unit stopped working entirely after six months. We tried to return it to Infant Optics, but they would not honor the return policy. I would not recommend this product or this company.