Feel better about the way you cut your grass with a GreenWorks 25223 19″ Cordless Lawn Mower. Its all-electric motor is very Earth-friendly, and its lower noise makes it more neighbor-friendly as well. This powerful 40v lawn mower includes 2 batteries and a charger, so it requires no gas, oil or other maintenance and has almost no moving parts. Its Smart-Cut technology extends battery life, so you can get more yard work done in less time. This GreenWorks lawn mower has a wide 19″ cutting deck that’s made from solid steel, large 10″ rear wheels and 7″ front wheels that make it easy to maneuver and control. It also includes 7-position height adjustment and a 3-in-1 bagging, mulching and side discharge options. The lawn mower comes complete with a 4-year tool and 2-year battery warranty.
GreenWorks 25223 40V 19″ Cordless Lawn Mower, Includes 2 Batteries and a Charger:
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for complete yard work system
- 19″ steel cutting deck
- Smart-Cut Technology improves performance and extends run time
- Single-lever 7-position height adjustment offers cutting height ranging from 1-1/8″ to 3″
- 3-in-1 feature offers versatile options with rear bagging, mulching and side discharge capabilities for multiple uses
- Large 10″ rear wheels and 7″ front wheels for easy control and maneuvering
- 4-year tool and 2-year battery warranty
- GreenWorksl lawn mower includes one 4Ah battery, one 2Ah battery and a charger
- I purchased this mower one year ago (spring 2016) and I used it during the spring, summer and fall 2016 and for my first two mowings in 2017 so far. I am very happy with this mower even though it is not perfect. I love that it’s so quiet, that it folds away for winter storage, that I can adjust all four wheels with one adjustment, that the mowing deck has a high height adjustment and that it’s not using gas. I’m less than thrilled that the suction power is not anywhere close to a gas mower, that its only 19″ wide and the bag can be hard to place back on the mower. Details follow. When using a gas mower, small sticks and branch pieces with leaves attached got sucked up into the grass bag. This does not happen with the Grrenworks mower. Even small branches do not get picked up. I have to bend down and remove them if I want them picked up. I also have an older gas mower that I used I. The fall to pick up leaves as this mower did not perform that task well. My gas mower was 21″ wide and I honestly did not think a 2″ difference in width would be a big deal, but it does require several additional laps to complete the yard. I choose to look at it as additional exercise. The grass bag fits into two support areas on either side at the back of the mower. The support areas are black. A lot of my yard is shady or a combination of sun and shade. It’s harder than I thought it would be to get both sides set just right in a shady area because both supports are black. Would be much easier if the supports were orange. I may paint them yet. I’m mowing about 7500 sq ft. In the spring it takes two batteries to mow all at once given the thicker spring grass. In summer I can sometimes finish the entire yard with one battery when the grass growth slows in hotter weather. This doesn’t bother me but it might others. I have since purchased a trimmer tool using the same batteries and am also very happy with it. To sum, overall I’m very happy with this mower and its batteries perform. This doesn’t mean there’s not room for improvement, however. Perhaps as battery technology improves suction and width can both improve also. I do recommend this mower for smaller yards. It’s easy to push and store and is clearly doing it’s primary job of mowing grass. Just be aware it is not a gas mower and if you purchase one, expect some differences. I believe they are minor differences and this mower is worth the cost.
- So far I’ve been relatively satisfied with the mower, but for $400 I’d expect more than the feel of a toy lawn mower, and the batteries don’t last nearly as long as are advertised. I’ve found the mower has a good amount of power, but lacking on charge. The 4 amp hour battery lasts about 30 minutes to an hour tops, and the 2 amp hour lasts about 15 minutes to a half hour. The frame seems solid, but again the entire model is very light weight and seems it won’t last as long as a similar gas powered model. I received the mower and within 15 minutes it stopped working and I had to have it replaced, which took two weeks to receive, though I did receive it and the new mower seems to be working “normally”, for now… we’ll see in a year.
- This is a great product. The only thing that I would change is the inside of the wheels. The inside of the wheels collect grass clippings. I am thinking of using silicon to fill in the inside depressions of the wheels, in order to make the clean up easier. Using this lawn mower is a real joy, I almost look forward until the next time I have to cut my grass. The mower cut the grass in very nice even way. It extremely easy to use, and a neighbor has already commented on how quiet the mower is. I also bought GreenWorks’ Blower/Vacuum (it is also a great product) with a 4AH battery and charger. I use the 2AH battery first and recharge it while I use my 4AH batteries and then use my recharged 2AH battery. I have a fairly large yard.
- The 16″ cutting width is perfect for the small yard. Battery life is good, the claim is 45 minutes. I ran for 25 and it was able to power through 8″ long grass without an issue and still have a charge. The bag is a little small so you’ll need to empty more often. Haven’t tried the mulching option yet. Weight is reasonable and the mower is really quiet for those of you that want to cut the lawn before the day is too hot!
- This mower does a great job. our yard is 65’x175′,both batteries have delivered plenty of power,sharp-clean cut. Multching,bagging or side discharge is great. all 4 wheel adjustment with one lever…..no gas/oil to mess with. extrememly clean underneath after mowing,even if grass is still damp with dew. easy stand-up storage or hang it from the the ceiling. the only down side was 7-8 days later same mower for less with free blower !!!
- my husband passed away recently , so i need a lawnmower i could start easily, and this was it. just pop in the battery and start it. very easy so far i am very pleased
- This thing is TERRIBLE!! Yes it’s lighter, quieter, and vibrates less. Cuts through the grass just fine. The thing that made us return it is the fact that it would have taken us a week to get the lawn mowed. It’s true it takes only an hour to charge the batteries. What they don’t tell you is it only takes 20-30 minutes for the batteries to die or over heat. Especially if you live in the south. The information says each battery is good for up to 10K sq. ft. I don’t believe that for a second. If you intend to buy this mower, I suggest that you have a very small yard. I would not recommend this mower to anyone. It is very expensive for being such poor quality!