GE’s 5,000 BTU 115 V room air conditioner cools up to 150 square feet — perfect for a small 10-foot by 12-foot room. This GE air conditioner features three cooling and three fan speeds, has an electronic digital thermostat with remote control and includes an EZ mount installation kit. It comes with an energy saver feature that shuts the fan and compressor off temporarily when the room is cool enough.
GE 5,000 BTU Window AC Electronic Control:
- 5,000 BTU
- 11.1 CEER
- 2 cooling/fan speeds
- EZ mount window kit
- This air conditioner is just what I needed for my bedroom it get to job done.
- It is alright for the size of my room. Have already used it and it seems to cool fine. Will have to wait till summer really hits us to find out how well it will do. So far so good.
- As a window air conditioner instead of our central air unit, our two GE air conditioners performed well from July to August 31 st. My main concern is the clear fluid that poured out when I went to store them. I would rather update the central air verses small unit maintenance.
- great product! quiet and was a great price! It didn’t break my pocket book!
- I bought this AC during the hottest time of summer to replace our old one and it stays cool all the time and let’s me know when to clean the filter!
- I bought this to install in my vintage Serro Scotty camper. With only 60 square feet to cool, it’s a bit overkill, but that’s alright. I hate being cold and I hate sweating to death…this unit cures one of them!
- Auto feature is cost effective when the unit shuts down after reaching desired room temp.
- You probably hear about only the products that are problems. We have several GE products in our house and they all perform perfectly.
- Bought this for summer and used it everyday in our bedroom. Made for comfortable sleeping
- The air conditioner was purchased to cool a bedroom for the summer months. It proved to be very effective. It cooled the room quickly, did not cycle too frequently and was quiet during operation. The remote control makes operation very easy.
- Great little air-conditioner got a workout this hot summer kept a 10×15 room very comfortable
- I bought this a couple months ago, I used it for about two weeks then took it out. It wasn’t cooling as well as I would have liked. I don’t like listening to an air conditioner anyway I would rather the doors and windows be open so I can hear the birds and insects outside.
- Hasn’t enough power to cool a small room, dont go less thsn a 6000.