Experience science with Nancy Balter. Nobody knows science like Nancy. Her brand-new line of scientific tools and real-life journaling activities provide hands-on science experiences that get kids comfortable and excited about science, giving them the confidence to pursue science further in school and in life. Scientific experiences designed for kids ages 8 to 11 years. Microscope and Activity Journal includes 40+ piece dual microscope (2 LEDs transform the dissecting microscope into a light microscope) with magnification from 30x to 400x and twenty-two-page journal including activities and space for drawings, such as examining cells, looking at crystals, observing bugs and viewing critters in water. Requires 3AAA batteries. Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
Educational Insights Nancy B’s Science Club Microscope and Activity Journal:
- Zoom in on the fun with this 2-in-1 light and dissecting microscope, and 22-page keepsake activity journal!
- Follow the activity guide to collect your specimens, then get amazing, up-close views magnified up to 400x!
- Encourages kids to pursue their natural love of science!
- Includes 30x–400x light and dissecting microscope with rubber eye cup and focusing knob, 26-piece scientific tool set, and 22-page activity journal.
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included).
- I bought this for my 5 year old daughter because she loves to draw and I thought I could introduce her to science by telling her to draw what she sees in the microscope. Comes with a couple of slides and we have made a few more with things around the house – a flower petal, a slice of candy cane and even a drop of juice. She wants to make more! The only thing I don’t really like is the stickers they provide for the make-your-own slides. They don’t stay on and so the item you put on comes off. I’ve ended up applying a small amount of real tape to the edges of the stickers so that everything stays in place. Otherwise we like the light, the 3 magnification settings and that the microscope slides up and down, so that you can really get things in focus.
- My daughter has loved this so much. It works very well and it’s makes her feel like a real scientist!
- My daughter is going to love it, its so pretty and shes such a science geek so she will love this!!
- It was nice to find this for my 8 year old granddaughter. The microscope set is fashioned for girls which makes it great for her. She loves it.
- Education Insight’s Nancy B’s Science Club® Microscope and Activity Journal is an absolutely wonderful product for kids! As a homeschooling mom I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect microscope for my daughter. She absolutely loves nature and learning about new things so I knew Nancy B’s Science Club® Microscope and Activity Journal would be something she’d really enjoy. I’m blown away by the quality of this Nancy B’s Science Club® Microscope. I’ve seen many microscopes on my hunt for the perfect one and none of them even compare to this one. I love that it has a light both on top and on bottom. It works perfectly and does 30x, 100x, and 400x magnifications which is perfect for viewing even the tiniest of things. I also love that it comes with a few sample slides so you can begin using the microscope right away. You can also use the blank slides to create your own slides which is my daughters favorite thing to do. My daughter enjoys finding new things to view and is extremely excited to use her Activity Journal to document her findings. Nancy B’s Science Club® Microscope and Activity Journal is a fabulous set. I highly recommend it! It comes with everything you need to get started and is sure to be enjoyed for years to come!
- I LOVE THIS! My kids and I spent hours looking at things like fly wings, saliva, cotton, couch fibers, etc. My eight year old wants to collect different leaves and compare them now, while my six year old wants to look at the hairs from the cats, dogs and rabbit we own to see if they look different. They can keep notes on what they see and compare and contrast them, which I think is GREAT! This is a fantastic product, especially for the value! It is easy to use and my kids were able to use it themselves with very little to no help from me. I would definitely recommend this and gift one to a few friends!
- What a great microscope, we used the slides it came with to look at, and it is such detail. The kids were amazed at how much they can see, and were surprised at what simple things looked like when they are magnified. The work book is great for getting involved in more details, and doing your own experiments. We are working on getting the onion peel right now, and seeing all the cells. Fantastic!
- Don’t know much yet as this was purchased as a Christmas present for a 7 year old.