The simple style and stability of DHP’s Twin-Over-Futon Bunk Bed makes it the perfect choice for space-saving sleep options. The black metal finish will look good with any decor and the frame is solid and secure. Added safety features include a full-size guardrail for the top bunk, childproof mechanism and an integrated ladder. With the futon on the bottom, you have the versatility of either a seating space, or an additional bed for overnight guests, siblings and sleep-overs. You will love the convenience, flexibility and changeability of DHP’s Twin-Over-Futon Bunk Bed in black or white.
DHP Twin-Over-Futon Metal Bunk Bed, Black:
- Stylish contemporary design
- Futon quickly, easily and safely converts into a full size sleeper
- Conforms to the latest consumer product safety standards
- Maximum recommended upper mattress thickness of 6″
- Side ladder, upper guard rails and childproof mechanism for added safety
- Does not include mattresses or bedding
- Easy assembly required
- Dimensions: 78″L x 41.5″W x 72.5″H
- Box dimensions: 80″L x 19″W x 7″H; weight: 121.5 lbs
- Weight limit: 200 lbs on top bunk bed, 600 lbs on futon
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Model# 4023017
- The bed is nice and solid once assembled right. It comes in relatively small but heavy box with a lot of parts which might look scary. Just follow instructions strictly and don’t tight all bolts right away as was mentioned in the other review. Once everything is attached, aligned then you tight everything up. It took me and my friend a little more then 2 hours to assemble it. I used power screwdriver, it saves a lot of time. The mechanism is a little noisy, but the bed itself doesn’t creak. My 7 year old daughter is very happy with it.
- Pretty solid once together. Would consider mounting to the wall. Easy but laborious to put together.
- This bed seems steady and works great in my daughter’s room. It was and absolute nightmare to assemble though. The directions were vague and required me to have to go back and undo somethings and tune them around because it made no mention of facing pieces in any certain direction. But now that it’s assembled it is exactly what I expected and my daughter loves it. Her only complaint is that the ladders hurt her feet when she climbs into the bed.
- We just bought this futon bunk bed, but my mother has one at her house exactly the same. She’s had her’s for over a yr with 2 rambunctious boys (8 & 11 yrs) using it every day as their main bed and hang out area. Her’s is still in fine shape and my son wanted one like it. We just bought ours, shipped to our home very quickly, everything was in good shape. We did end up missing 2 plastic clips that help hold the bunk bed rails in place, not nothing major. There are ALOT of pieces to this bed so it takes a bit to put together. It looks good and seems reasonably sturdy. My son loves it so far & it will provide enough sleeping area for when other kids sleep over. I did want it in the silver/grey but for some reason that color was much more $$ than black, so we opted to save & go with black. 4 stars because of the missing clips but I would buy again if I needed one.
- I purchased this bed for my teen daughter. A couple of points: 1) Puchase, Shipping, and Site to Store delivery was easy. 2) Make sure you have some to help you when you pick it up, IT IS HEAVY!!!! 3) There are ALOT of parts!! 4) it literally took like 4+ hours to put this bed together. That being said, it is very sturdy, and she loves it!! Also, pay for the good futon mattress. I wouldn’t want to lay across all those bars without it!!
- Very weak hinges, bent when first used, nut and screw snapped. would not recommend to my enimies