Charming in looks with a practical design, the Better Homes and Gardens Preston Park Wood Veneer Desk is a great addition to your home office. This desk adds a distinctive designer touch to any space, without the designer price tag. The large desktop surface is the perfect spot for your laptop, desk accessories and papers. Use the small drawer to store pencils, staplers and tape. This Desk can also be used as an accent table along the walls of your living areas to showcase photos. No matter where you place this Desk, you’ll love the stylish look it adds to any room. The Mahogany finish, contrasted by Black accents, gives this Desk a unique touch. Preston Park Desk requires assembly upon delivery.
Better Homes and Gardens Preston Park Desk, Mahogany:
- Pull-out storage drawer
- Mahogany finish with textured metal side frames
- Assembly required
- Coordinates with other pieces, all sold separately (1735196PCOM, 5050196PCOM, 5054196PCOM, 5056196PCOM, 5279196PCOM, 9631196PCOM)
- Dimensions: 47.5″W x 23.5″D x 30″H (120.65 cm x 59.69 cm x 76.2 cm)
- 1-year limited warranty
- Model# 9835196PCOM
- The Better Homes and Gardens Preston Park Desk in Dark Oak is absolutely beautiful. To be honest was not expecting a desk from a chain store to be this nice. We have purchased furniture in the past and it has done it’s job but was not this nice. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the piece. The Preston Park Desk was much heavier than we anticipated and when it was delivered, the delivery person just left it on our front walk instead of putting it on our porch. The box does indicate that the product is heavy and should be teamed lifted, but my husband was on a business trip and I could not leave it on the front walk. So, I struggled to get the product into my home. The packaging to keep the product was intense. There was so much material to get through just to get to the desk. The desk itself came in four simple parts and was very easy to put together. The two side pieces at first looked to short until we realized that they stood up on the end. The holes were cleanly cut through and the hardware provided fit nicely and securely into each allotted space. Only disappointing aspect of the desk is that there is no keyboard pull out shelf. There is a drawer but not keyboard friendly. But besides that we are looking at other pieces in the Better Homes ad Gardens Preston Park series to add to our home.
- I received Better Homes and Gardens Preston Park Desk, Dark Oak free from Spark Reviewer program. It came in a cardboard box, the corners of the box were protected by heavy quarter round corners, tied with straps. The whole thing was plastic shrink wrapped forming the shipping container. The total container weight is around 90 pounds. The shape and the weight of the container, makes it difficult to maneuver. Anyway I got the utility knife and cut-off the plastic wrap, straps, and removed the corners. Now the cardboard box is visible. For a box this size, I expected to see some instructions for opening printed on the box. Unfortunately there were none. This was my first negative impression; it has nothing to do with the end product. I followed my instincts. I used a flat screwdriver and the utility knife to open one of the short rectangular end. It turned out to be right. I was able to lift and slide out the contents that were nicely packed with custom Styrofoam pieces. It had 4 components (Desk-top, 2 sides/legs, and a support-bar); a plastic bag containing screws, flat washers, spring washers, and an Allen wrench. An instruction book is included detailing components and assembly instructions. Assembly is very simple. I was able to finish assembly in about 20 minutes without any help. The assembled desk looks like dark heavy oak. In reality, the desk top is composite wood with oak veneer, the sides are textured metal. It is steady and would work as good general purpose desk. The desktop has a small drawer to store paper and pen. I liked the desk.
- The Better Homes and Gardens Preston Park Dark Oak Desk is a practical design with a solid leg support structure. This desk weighs about 81 pounds. I was impressed with its simple and practical design, and how sturdy and rugged this desk looks and feels. The leg supports are made of black metal that are anchored in place with thick hex nut bolts. The side leg assemblies have an x-shaped black metal support structure that gives the desk both a little character and very strong leg support. The assembly required to put this desk together is both fast and easy. The assembly instructions that come with the desk are barely needed for someone who has a little mechanical knowledge. The open side of the desk sports a pull-out drawer for writing tools and paper or whatever else you like to store in your desk. This desk drawer requires no assembly and is already in place when the desk top is removed from the shipping container. The rich dark oak veneer desk top has a nice satin finish that is not too glossy and has a comfortably smooth touch. There are also a few subtle black metal accent pieces at the corners of the desk top and attached to the upper and lower parts of the wooden legs. If you like the design of this desk there are several other pieces of matching furniture that can be purchased to maintain a design theme in your room. The Preston Park Desk also comes with a limited one year warranty against workmanship and manufacturing defects. Overall I found this moderately priced desk to be a pleasing and well-built addition to my den/study work area.
- I was very impressed with this product. I have purchased put together wood furniture in the past, but this Better Homes and Gardens product is by the far the best for overall quality and looks, assembly and packaging. The desk design is simple and elegant and should fit in with most home décor. The high quality finish extends to even the surfaces not seen when the piece is completed. The desk top is large enough for use as a computer desk and comes with a single drawer. I will be using this as a writing desk since I still write to some of my family members and relatives. I found this desk to be well designed and constructed and easy to assemble. It comes in 4 pieces; desk top, 2 legs and a rear support bar. These 4 pieces have been pre-constructed at the factory and include drilled holes and embedded nuts for the bolts. All pieces fitted snuggly together and bolt holes aligned perfectly with the embedded nuts. All pieces include an identification label. Bolts, washers, lock washers and screw are separated in labeled packaging. An Allen wrench is included in the packaging to tighten the bolts and screws. The instruction/assemble sheet was very clear and easy to follow. Assemble was quick and could be completed by a single person. The package arrived at 82 pounds and was safely secured in a fitted cardboard and Styrofoam well-designed crate-like box covered in shrink wrap. I love the desk and will recommend this and the Better Homes and Garden furniture line of products to other people.
- The product is good for the price. The item did arrive chipped, and for that Walmart.com did refund me a percentage of the total cost of the item. The desk does appear to be sturdy and it’s serving its purpose well.