This Better Homes and Gardens Counter Height Dining Set includes a square table and four matching chairs. It’s made with a sturdy metal frame so it holds up well to day to day use. This counter height dining table and chairs set has a warm brown multi-step vintage oak finish on the top, seats and back. Some assembly is required, but it’s easy to do. As an added bonus, these pieces are simple to keep clean.
Better Homes and Gardens Mercer 5-Piece Counter Height Dining Set, Vintage Oak:
- Includes square, counter-height dining table and four matching chairs
- Sturdy metal table and chair frame construction
- Warm brown wood tabletop, chair seat and back in multi-step finish
- Complements Mercer Collection
- 5-piece counter height dining set is easy to assemble and clean
- Good table for the price! Very study! Fits great and lin my small apartment dining area. It is a little tough to put together. You have to put all the bolts in and tighten them with your hands, just enough to hold it in place all of the metal will line up, then tighten them the rest of the way and you won’t have a problem! Took me about 30 mins to do the table alone, the chairs were longer but I did by myself!
- Box arrived and it weighed 139 pounds so I could not lift it myself. I opened the box outside and took pieces into the house. When I got everything inside I thought what was I thinking. I am not skilled at putting things together. The instructions were excellent and I was able to put it together without any problems. About 125 bolts and 24 wood screws so it took me a bit of time I feel the finished product was well worth it. I do love the set and would highly recommend it.
- I used to work at a furniture store and I can say this is excellent quality for the price. I’m not going to sugar coat it, assembly took a lot of time and you have to make sure you screw in the bolts only halfway until they’re all in before you tighten them. It sits firm (I weigh over 300 pounds) and doesn’t wobble. Would highly recommend if you’re willing to take half a afternoon to put together.
- Exactly what the description and picture said. Fits perfect in my place, looks awesome! Easy to assemble. Very sturdy and the price was amazing given the quality
- It’s a nice sturdy table, a headache to put together but looks great. The box was fairly beat up when we received it and it did have a small chunk missing on the edge of the table top. We keep it against a wall so it’s not noticeable. Overall pleased.
- Our set came very quickly and all the pieces were in good shape. After reading the reviews we made sure we didn’t tighten the bolts until we had everything in place. Two of the screw holes in one table leg were drilled too small, so we got 2 self tapping screws to replace them….no big deal. When we opened the box, one of the bolt bags had opened in shipping and bolts were scattered throughout the box. We didn’t realize until we had 1 1/2 chairs together that we were short 40 of the loose bolts. I called the 800 number, spoke with a costumer service rep and he could not have been nicer or more helpful. This was on a Thursday night. He said he would ship us the hardware. I didn’t expect it for at least a week. They FED-EX expressed it, and we got it bright and early TUES morning. Happy dance. VERY HAPPY!!!
- This piece as a set isn’t all that bad; however, the set I received came with ALL FOUR wooden seat panels split completely in half. It’s been over a month now, and Whalen has been no help. They never answered any emails, and when I finally got a call through (they hung up on me the first two times after being on hold over half an hour) I was told the part was backordered for MONTHS and was offered no solution. I’m now going to Walmart, who hopefully has a far better customer service experience than the horrendous one Whalen has given me. It’s not worth it to deal with this kind of despicable service.