The Allen Sports Premier 2-Bike Trunk Rack includes 12″ long carry arms that can easily accommodate up to two bicycles and has a 70 lbs maximum weight capacity. Its extra large car pads help distribute the bicycle load evenly and protects the car’s finish. By using side straps heavily, this bike trunk carrier reduces lateral movement, which lessens the chance that the rack falls off from bumps or roadway hazards. Individual rubber strap tie-downs secure and protect the bicycles during transit so the rack doesn’t accidentally scratch them. The Allen Sports Premier 2-Bike Trunk Rack is compatible with a wide variety of vehicles and comes fully assembled. The user can set up and install the rack in seconds, and the rack doesn’t detract from the vehicle’s style.
Allen Sports Premier 2-Bike Trunk Rack:
- 12″ long carry arms easily accommodate up to 2 bicycles (70 lb max capacity)
- Individual rubber strap tie-downs secure and protect bicycles
- Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- Side straps for increased lateral stability
- Extra large car pads on the Allen Sports bike rack help to distribute bicycles load and protect vehicle finish
- Comes fully assembled; set up and installs in seconds
- Patented design bike trunk carrier fits wide range of vehicles (consult manufacturer website for specific vehicle fit information)
- Fits perfectly in my 2015 Impreza sport!
- I would recommend this product more but there is only painted metal clips that secure the auto bike carrier to your car. If you value your paint on your car, you must cover the clips with some kind of protective coat…..such as an old bicycle tube rubber cut and glued to the clips with rubber cement…..The company says the painted clips will not harm the car’s paint if the carrier is installed properly. Any bump you may hit could transfer weight and move the clips. As installed the carrier is very stable with one bike. I do not have two bikes to carry in order to know how stable it is to use as advertized. The adjustment fasteners loosened as I put the bike on it. I bought the bar for female style bikes but didn’t need it because the manufacturer of the bike I had already considered it in their design and it fit easily on the Allen rack. Fastening was easy. The rubber fasteners may crack over time especially if left out in the sun, but were simple and easy to apply.
- Just used it today for the first time and it worked good. Very easy to set up and fold away. The only thing I would recommend others to check before purchasing is that your bike has the regular “triangle” shape for the frame. Otherwise it would not fit. You can buy an extension unit from Allen Sports to make it fit.
- I got this rack and passed on the cheaper model and found that if you want to carry a womans bike or hybrid you have to spend more money for adapters that is left off the box, Box leads you to believe you have everything you need when you’ll spend more money. I’m a disabled person and never owned a rack before and this thing hurts me everytime I load it.