The Allen Sports 552RR Deluxe Hitch Mounted Bike Carrier is the ideal choice for taking your bikes on road trips. It is easy to assemble and you can easily carry up to five bikes. Your bikes are held in place with the patented tie-down cradle system. This hitch mount bike rack can be tilted back for easy lift-gate access. This Allen bike rack comes with black powder-coated finish that protects it from all kinds of weather. With foldable carry arms, this 5-bike carrier for 2-inch receiver hitches can be stored easily as it does not occupy much space.
Allen Sports 552RR Deluxe 5-Bike Hitch Mounted Bike Rack:
- Hitch insert fits 2″ receiver hitches
- Carry arm spacing on hitch mount bike rack accommodates a wide range of frame sizes and designs
- Patented tie-down cradle system individually secures and protects bicycles
- Carry arms fold out of the way when not in use
- Rack tilts back for easy lift-gate access
- No-wobble bolt eliminates movement of rack inside of hitch
- All retainer clips attached with lanyards to prevent lost parts
- Black powder-coated finish
- Minor assembly required
- Very reliable stuff and l recommended to a friend.
- The bike rack worked beautifully! It is inexpensive compared to other bike racks and you don’t sacrifice quality. There were only two things that I would want changed. Number one is that they had pictures and or documentation on how to load the bikes on the rack and number 2, that they have an option to buy a raised bike rack for cars that have a hitch. There were times when I drove over a dip or going from the street into an inclined parking lot that the bottom of the bike rack hitch would scrape for a brief second. SUV’s and trucks wouldn’t have this problem because these vehicles are naturally higher off of the ground than cars. So these two things would be the only thing that I would change.
- Very strong! We needed it to haul two adult bikes and two kids bikes,. It’s strong enough for the task and has plenty of room for more bikes or for bigger bikes as the kids grow.
- Great value! This rack fits our 5 bikes well-hybrid trail bikes. Easy to assemble and attach to hitch. Sturdy and felt comfortable while driving fully loaded.
- Bought another rack to try it out until this one arrived. The other one was terrible compared to this one. I was immediately able to see how the bikes rode high off the ground and much more sturdier. I only had 3 bikes at a time but it was good enough because the bikes had racks on them that kept them at a distance from each other. My daughter and friends bicycled across Historic Route 66 and this rack was a great addition to the support vehicle. I drove confident that the bikes were safe. It is just as described. The company had shipped 3 of the same screw/bolt instead of 2 and 1 and I needed the one that hooked up the rack to the hitch. Upon writing to them the company answered the same day and put the bolt in the priority mail and I received it just before I left again to finish the tour. Item is just as described.
- Rust on bolts without being in rain and before use just sitting in the Garage within a month. No lock for hitch pin. Folding arm does not fold completely.