Designed for seasoned adventurers and thrill-seeking newbies alike, the Genesis GS29 mountain bike is just the thing for the streets and the trails. The burly hardtail frame and suspension fork can ably take on all but the toughest terrain with ease, and the tried-and-true Shimano drivetrain gives you precise shifting when things get dodgy in the woods #&8212; plus the linear pull front and rear brakes provide the stopping power when it gets too gnarly. The 29-inch wheels roll over practically anything in the forest and offer more distance per pedal stroke on the asphalt. Low-rise aluminum handlebars allow the back to arch properly and the body to assume the correct posture for a comfortable ride.
- eed drivetrain with revo twist shifting
- Genesis mountain bike has reliable linear pull brakes in the front and the rear
- 29″ aluminum wheel set
- Low-rise aluminum handlebars allow the back to arch properly and the body to assume the correct posture
- Comfortable drop nose MTB seat angles the body to achieve proper form
- Quick release seat height adjustment
- Can go through different types of terrain
- Suited for both novice and advanced biking enthusiasts
- My bike came in a box being safely packed by manufacturer. No rust, no damage. Rear part needed no assembly. Front brakes, front wheel and handlebar were detached. It took me less than 20 minutes to assemble it. My height is 6″0
- It met my expectations for the price I paid. Works nicely in all kind of surfaces.
- Good bike for the money. I bought rather than rent while on vacation. Packaging needs to be better (and warehouse folks more careful?) as box was damaged and front wheel of bike seriously bent. I spent half hour with wrench working the spokes and was able to ride it during my vacation. The bearings are not sealed so you need to know how to pack them with grease.
- I read the reviews and it were more positive than negative. i weigh 275 and stand 5-11 the bike fits me pretty good. i had to replace the seat and the pedals. pedals only because I like a better grip. I can say its a great bike, but its not meant to be a beginner bike for some one trying to be serious about mountain biking. I’ve road some trails and a lot of street use. held up great. I ride through sand, dirt some hills etc. if you like that mountain bike look and want a good street bike that can go off road, this is it. the first pic is in the store the second is once I got it home
- Out of the box, easy to assemble. If you know nothing about bikes, don’t want to learn, not handy with tools, etc., better to buy at a local bike store because you’re going to have to adjust the brakes, adjust the shifting, etc. Bike’s fun. Good on trails. Takes bumps well. Shifters work very well even before adjusting them.
- I shopped for several weeks for a bike. I looked at many used bikes that cost as much as this bike, with similar features for almost the same price as a new bike.
- I weigh over 300 and the bike carries me very well. Granted I had to add a little air in the tires, but it holds me just fine. I gave all the gears a once over and the rear brakes had to be re-adjusted but these little things were no problem. As with all bikes you buy, You are going to have some minor problems. I would recommend this bike to any one looking for a 29″ mountain bike . Happy Biking 🙂
- I ordered this particular buy it online because I had same them in my local Walmart and I knew I could get it before Christmas. I picked it up two or three days before and went to hide it in my brother-in-law’s garage for a surprise for my oldest son and once we unloaded it from the truck and began to look it over it had multiple scratches on the paint, the spokes had rusted to the point where one of them was snapped off along with multiple other red spots from obviously being kept outside. Going to return it but I haven’t got back up there to do this yet so I’m not sure how that part’s going to go. I should have done it immediately but I didn’t want to fight the return after Christmas crowd.