The budding aspirations of many cycling enthusiasts are brought to consummation in the form of the 26-inch Avalon Cruiser Bike. This is a perfect comfort bike for the beginning cyclist, or the enthusiast who wants to get out for a leisurely ride. The Shimano seven-speed gear system adds speed and comfort while you ride across the streets and alleys. It has been designed and created with provision for high comfort level. The quick-release seat clamp lets riders adjust seating positions to their own personal comfort level. The front and rear suspension provides bump-proof riding. With the all-important pull brakes, it stops when you want it to. The smooth-rolling street tires offer perfect friction for all surfaces. This bike is sure to turn eyes on the road, and comes with all the instructions required for assembly.
26″ NEXT Avalon Men’s Comfort Bike with Full Suspension, Black:
- Frame: dual suspension steel frame
- Stem: fully-adjustable alloy stem for upright riding position on the Avalon Comfort Bike
- Gearing (# of speeds): Shimano 7-speed gear system
- Brakes: front and rear linear pull brakes
- Wheels/tires: 26″ smooth-rolling street tires
- Rims: rust-resistant alloy rims
- Handlebars: steel handlebars
- Seat: padded seat with quick-release seat clamp
- Pedals: standard pedals
- Weight limit: 250 lbs
- Assembly required; instructions included
- Avalon Cruiser Bike dimensions: 65″L x 24.5″W x 40″H
- Disclaimer: My version is 15 years old, so my review is based upon the assumption that construction hasn’t changed. Sweet, I was hoping that Walmart would sell a new version of my bike. I have the blue Next Comfort bike with full suspension, and I love it. I’ve ridden it thousands of miles over the last 15 years, and pretty hard too – I’m a good 200 lbs and have ridden through both the forests of backwoods Maine, and the streets of Portland, and I wouldn’t ride anything else. I’ve tried – they hurt my back something fierce – but these Next Comfort bikes sit “up” higher, so my rapidly aging back (bought the bike in my 20’s, now I’m in my 40’s) is better. I couldn’t ride a standard mountain bike for more than a mile, but with my Next I’ve made trips of 20 miles or more. Having said all that, its heavier than a more expensive bike, but not only do you get your cardio, your thighs will be massive.
- FedEx just delivered it. The box was in good condition and very light. The bike itself was perfect and very easy to assemble. Took maybe 20min before I was able to tedt ride. The seat is a little hard and the brakes need to be adjusted, otherwise this bike is great.
- My wife and I bought two of these bikes to start getting out and get more exercise. I am 65 years old, 5’10” tall, and weigh 170 pounds. These bikes fit us well and are well made for the price. We ordered them and had them assembled at our local WalMart. We made a few adjustments after a couple of rides. I have had bikes before, and I am especially impressed with the shifters. Right out of the store the shifters were precise and smooth with only one click up or down for each speed. The twist shifters are easy to use, and the seven speeds are enough for almost any situation. The handlebar stems were a little short, but the top of the stem that has the handlebar clamp has a good second adjustment that rotates the stem farther up or down from 90 degrees to 145 degrees and was just right for a precise fit and more upright sitting arrangement. The braking is smooth and the wheels were true when we picked them up. We had decided to try a less expensive bike to start to see if cycling was still OK for us before getting more expensive bikes. Now I don’t see the need for anything more expensive unless something goes very wrong. Different types of shifters can be put on these bikes for a nominal fee if you want trigger shifters, or other accessories not already on it. The bike frame is an aluminum alloy and weighs 33.4 pounds total according to my scales. The seat is pretty comfortable but not as much as a bigger spring comfort style seat. This is another easily changed part that can be swapped for around $25. All in all we are very impressed and have had two outstanding outings on our local greenways, and are taking them to the beach next week. I also e-mailed the Kent bike company with a question about the front shocks and got a reply overnight. Thank you Walmart for a great bike buy. Highly recommended.
- Great bike for an older rider. Very comfortable. Being able to adjust the handlebars up so I don’t have to ride like a 12 year old can is the best feature.
- I’m an elderly man who’s been a lifelong bicycle enthusiast, now its mostly just to exercise and take a leisurely ride. My previous bike had too much wear and tear that I needed a replacement. The Avalon was just right for me. Not high priced and adequate for casual riding. Best yet, before I ordered it, I inquired from the local Walmart that I am considering purchasing a Walmart product (the bike) online, would they assemble it before I took it home? They replied yes. The staff there were courteous and professional and I’m entirely satisfied with the service.
- Walmart is asking completely in-experienced people to just slap together these bikes at their stores. The people who put together these bikes don’t know about bikes and it shows. I purchased this bike and rode it 2 miles from the store to my house. I was hoping that it would not ride good but it would be safe, it was not. The front fork was over- tightened, the handlebar was loose. Brakes were touching the tire rubber instead of the rims. Gear change was very poor and 2 gears were not engaging. The wheels are out of true so bad that the bike shakes. I looked at all the positive reviews and bought the bike, but i don’t know if i got a lemon, or if my bike was assemble by someone who does not care. But i really cannot understand how people are giving 5 star reviews to such a poor piece of engineering.