The GMC Denali represents an amazing value bicycle with all the features of a true road bike. It has a lightweight aluminum frame with a standover height of 32 inches. Industry leader Shimano provides the 21-speed drivetrain operated with easy light action Revo twist shifters and precise Tourney derailleurs. High-profile Vitesse alloy wheels roll smoothly and track accurately over any road surface you may encounter. Braking is controlled by front and rear alloy side pull brakes for sure stops in all conditions. A supple Vitesse seat and soft, sure grip handlebar tape keep you comfortable for longer rides. The Denali even comes with accessories like a kickstand and a water bottle holder included. Quite a bit of bicycle indeed.
22.5″ GMC Denali 700cc Men’s Bike, White/Red:
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- 21-speed Shimano drivetrain
- Revo twist shifters
- Front and rear alloy caliper brakes
- Fits riders 5’8″ to 6’2″
- 32″ standover height
- Alloy high-profile Vitesse 700c wheelset
- Soft, sure grip handlebar tape
- Vitesse seat
- Water bottle holder included
- Assembly required
- Did research and found nothing but positive reviews on this bike. Ordered it and was supposed to be assembled in store but it was still in the box. Took it home to discover the seat frame was pinched and could not get the saddle in. Took it back and got a replacement bike. Again, it was not assembled, so took it home and did it myself again. This time every parts fits and in working order.
- I have had the bike for three years and have biked easily over 1,000 miles and have had no problems. The brakes could be better placed but other than that I love my bike. Add-ons include a kick stand, front light, back light and luggage bag. I get my bike tuned up every year. I’ve replaced the tires once.
- i gotta tell ya- this bike is a huge improvement in terms of efficiency over mr. 29 inch mountain bike (Kent brand); riding those things really wore me out and they are slower. back to the denali, I see why older people in my area ride these 700c bikes in contrast to other bikes! I like the looks the speed the higher profile rims, and it came already assembled and the tires and tubes are cost effective to replace. Thank you walmart for providing an inexpensive and very fun item!
- If your looking to start racing, don’t go for this. Invest in the several hundred dollar ones for beginners. I ride this for exercise and the enjoyment of riding long distances. Front wheel was slightly bent and rear derailleur was offset but nothing a little tweaking can’t fix. PAY ATTENTION TO THE MANUAL. A lot of issues people have with these bikes can be solved through the manual.
- I used to ride a Trek until I was hit by a car in 2011 and my Trek was totaled. I finally got back on a bike for the first time on Monday (2/27/17). The Kent GMC Denali is a great road bike for people starting out especially if you don’t have a lot of money to blow on a hobby! I know bikes and I know it is nowhere close to a Trek or any other big names, but for the price this bike is amazing. I just wanted to get back out and ride and I didn’t want to blow a bunch of money on a bike since my son will be here soon. For $180 (after tax) you can’t beat this bike. The only thing I recommend is ordering this bike online and putting it together yourself or take it to a bike shop to have it assembled for $10-$20. I bought mine out of the store and most of the parts were dangerously loose and there was no grease applied at all, but once I fixed these problems with a little grease and a hex wrench the bike was riding safely and smoothly! It really is a great bike for anyone who wants to ride for exercise, fun, transportation, or looking to get into the sport seriously. You can do inexpensive upgrades too until you can upgrade to a better bike. P.S. Always wear a helmet. If I wouldn’t have been wearing one the day I got hit by that careless driver I probably wouldn’t have walked away with just a concussion.
- Very disappointed in either the assembler or the package handler. Went to pick up my bike after it being ready from getting assembled and noticed a nice size scratch on the frame near the front wheel. Of course they did not mention it at all. Thank god I noticed that before I left the store. So, you should check your bike, THOROUGHLY, before you leave so you won’t be held liable. The bike on the other hand is a good looking bike and I’m bummed it was scratched and had to go through returning it and everything. Now I’m a little skeptical about purchasing another bike, and hope I DON’T have to go through this inconvenience ever again. I’d feel awkward telling others my story to recommend someone, so, with that, it’s only 1 star.